[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - The road to the Taupo Hobby Expo (NZ) (Final Update)

The road to the Taupo Hobby Expo (NZ) (Final Update)

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Postby Go0gleplex » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:31 pm

Definitely some nice looking models.
I admit it! I'm a greedy ship-a-holic...next fleet please!
Go0gleplex

Postby Rusty » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:41 pm

Thanks for the comliments guys. Well it got too late and my brain was tired so I will be spending the day testing the rules. I do still have a couple of Villages I would like to complete and a couple of hills.

It will come down to the wire though, with only two days to pull it all together.
Rusty

Postby Brigadier Tony » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:20 am

It'll all be fine ... it certainly looks great from what you've shown us
Brigadier Tony

Postby Rusty » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:33 am

Hey guys,

Firstly I just wanted to say thank you for allowing me to share this project on Brigade forms. It has been a long road getting here, with a few speed bumps but I can officially say tonight 8.48pm I have finished the project.

So I started posting on 31st May, and finished it on July 22nd NZ time. In this period I managed to get the following done:

12 British Aeronefs fully painted and based and labeled
12 French Aeronefs fully painted and based and labeled
11 American Aeronefs fully painted and based and labeled
9 Turkish Aeronefs fully painted and based and labeled
5 Forests
1 Village
44 Aeronef Stat cards in color spending no less than 12 hours modifying them
History, background and scenario
(Borrowed two hills for the game)

So there you go did it all in 52 days.

And for those wondering what scenario will be played, here is the background:

July 16th 1890 Turkey allies herself with France and declares war on Britain. Boulanger and Mustafa Kemal Atatürk devise a plan to invade England, success is dependent on controlling the skies over the English Channel to neutralise any attempt by the Royal Navy to destroy the invasion fleet.

The Battle of Britain begins. The allied Turkish and French Aeronef forces deal a massive blow to the RNAS in a surprise bombing raid, destroying many Aeronefs including the following Aeronefs:

HMS Agincourt, HMS Trafalgar, HMS Britania, HMS Galatea, HMS Penolope, HMS Kingstown and HMS Ajax.

Total hands lost on this day were 2,621 men and woman, 7 British Aeronefs, 12 US Aeronefs and 16 squadrons of aircraft & bombers.

French losses were just as bad and they failed to destroy the British RNAS completely in a series of battles over the Channel and southern England. American Cavalry squadrons join the fight alongside the RNAS.

Turkey Chancellor Mustafa Kemal Atatürk is dismissed by Fevzi Cakmak following the failure of the Battle of Britain. The war enters a period of stalemate with only minor clashes in colonial outposts.

August 18th 1892– Two years following the battle of Britain the war still is raging on and a plan is devised to launch a large scale counter attack to end the war between Britain, France & Turkey.

Admiral David Beatty is charged with leading the counter attack. His flagship, HMS Iron Duke is the first of a new line of Battleships to see service this will be David Beatty's first command at the age of 21 he is the youngest admiral known to take command.

The attack will take place at dawn, with only the French fleet present, in the hope to deal a final blow to the French fleet and end the war.....................

(Please note that this time line has been altered from the printed version of Aeronef, full credit to the authors Matthew Hartly & Steve Blease)

Again, a huge thanks must go to the following members:

Jon - If it wasn't for you my Aeronefs would still be sitting in a draw unpainted
Tony - Again your support has been outstanding, and your service is topnotch
Ssendam - Your rules changes have given me inspiration.
To all the other members who have been following my progress, I do hope that I have also inspired you to get your fleets to the table and get the word out about Aeronef
Rusty

Previous

Return to Aeronef General