[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - A question on colors

A question on colors

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

A question on colors

Postby Rusty » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:41 am

Rusty

Postby Chief » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:19 am

You can't surrender to a Jelly Fish!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=127531127941
Chief

Postby NickH » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:45 am

NickH

Colours

Postby jonboy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:16 pm

Hi Rusty glad to hear things are going from strength to strength with the game, the brilliant thing about Aeronef for me is that you are in the position of creating your own universe as it were so really just about anything goes. You could go the battleship grey route with most of the fleets if you wanted to create a later era fleet, I'm hoping to have a crack at some splinter camo Germans when i can get round to them.

However for the brits, generally black hull, white superstructure and buff funnels are the order of the day. Generally i tend to use a mix of vallejo and GW acrylics. For the hull i use GW chaos black, highlighted round the edges with GW Shadow Grey. This is a high contrast painting technique i first saw with Glen Trabet's work in "The Art of War" pp22, produced by Battlefront Miniatures to tie in with their "Flames of War" range. The idea being that the contrast highlights detail on small models when viewed from a distance.

For the decks i use GW Bleached Bone washed with GW's newish range of washes Gryphonne sepia, which i tend to use loads of, personally I think the washes are some of the best products GW has done in ages and they certainly bring up the deck planking and detail a treat.

Upper decks are undercoated in Vallejo Mid Sea Grey, and then highlighted in Vallejo Ivory as opposed to white, my reason and again appreciate this is purely personal taste, is due to the fact if you go back historically, the white we know today did'nt exist and was in fact what classic car manufacturers refer to as "Old White", or Ivory.

For funnels and masts I undercoat in GW Bubonic Brown, washed in Gryphonne sepia and then touched up again where necessary with the Bubonic Brown.

Guns i undercoat Chaos black and then highlight with Shadow Grey.

Again I emphasize these are purely personal ideas but hope some of these ramblings are of use, however it is always what works for you, have fun and looking forward to seeing how it all pans out, the fleets look superb by the way.

All the best

Jon
jonboy

Re: Colours

Postby Rusty » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:28 am

Rusty

Return to Aeronef General