[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - VSF/Aeronef Weekend at Stoke Rochford Hall

VSF/Aeronef Weekend at Stoke Rochford Hall

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

VSF/Aeronef Weekend at Stoke Rochford Hall

Postby david frampton » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:29 pm

Hello Chaps;

I have had quite a response to the proposal of a VSF/Aeronef convention at Stoke Rochford.

As always, its a problem of co-ordingating dates and fitting it into the
wargaming calendar. It has been pointed out that the first September date clashes with Colours at Newbury. Also, the key components for the main game will be unavailable in July. Other players will be unavailable in August owing to nasty school holiday interferrence. This realistically only leaves September to hold the event.

Activity proposed:

Arrive Friday night - set up game(s) followed by "get to know you" in the bar. Overnight B&B. We have the exciting possibility of playing the "Battle of Britain" game utilising British, Germany, Bavarian, Austrian and French Aeronef.
Saturday - Gaming, lunchin the bistro, followed by gaming then a debrief in bar. Overnight B&B.
Sunday. After breakfast, game until around 15.00 then disperse.

If individuals interested in attending could contact me stating what they wish
to display/game/contribute on d.frampton@stokerochfordhall.co.uk or via 01476 531203 (office hours) that would be best for me to co-ordinate the event. The last thing I would wish is for people to commit and then find that they did not get as much out of the weekend as they should.

Hope to hear from you soon!

best regards

David
david frampton

ITS ON!

Postby david frampton » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:12 pm

The Aeronef adventure will take place over the weekend of 14/15/16 September - the historic date celebrating the Battle of Britain 1940.

Those who read the previous correspondence will see the difficulties encountered when getting everyone together.

The game selected will be a Victorian Battle of Britain with Prussian, Germany, France and Austria all attacking plucky little Britain.

Arrive on the Friday night - book in and then sample some fine red. I have negotiated a special dinner B&B rate of £79.00 per room per night (based on 2 sharing a double/twin room - usual rate is £74 per room + dinner).
On Saturday, following breakfast the day will be given over to gaming with a light luncheon in the Terrace Bistro. Dinner will be served at 19.30. Sunday will be leisurely start after full breakfast finishing at approx 15.00.

We have the main conference hall or a large teaching room available to us.

So...please contact me via e-mail on d.frampton@stokerochfordhall.co.uk to make your booking. You can pass credit card details, but nothing will be taken from the account until you arrive.

STOP PRESS

2013 EVENT PLANNED -

Following the difficulties of getting 2012 off the ground (something wrong with the R Matter..?)

The dates of Fri 22nd February - Sun 24th February 2013. Same format as previous years

Hopefully Brigade Models and Wessex games will be able to participate as this does not clash with any other event. Gentlemen, please contact me on the above e-mail to confim your attendance.

Please let me know your thoughts on this chaps.

David
david frampton

Game On!

Postby david frampton » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:52 am

Hello Chaps;

Those who have stated that they wish to attend are invited to formally e-mail me so that Hotels rooms may be booked

regards

David
david frampton

2012 Aeronef event

Postby jonboy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:31 pm

Hi David, reading your flyer for 2013 event are we to take it the 2012 event has been cancelled?

Myself and a mate Robin are still hoping to attend, will be booking tickets this weekend with Stoke Rochford Hall if it's going ahead.

Cheers

Jon
jonboy

Postby david frampton » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:07 am

My Dear Chap - not only is the 2012 event taking place on 14/15/16 September (the theme will be Battle of Britain 18??), the 2013 event is in additon! Hoping that Brigade and Wessex will be able to participate in February 2013 giving us all plenty of time to commit to it.

So......come along in September 2012 (with exceptional room rates) and enjoy our hobby in one of the finest Grade One Listed Victorian country houses in the country.

David
david frampton

Postby david frampton » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:33 am

A most impressive weekend was spend by those attending. Charming stately home, excellent food and wonderful company fighting exciting Aeronef battles with eight players at one point. Next event is scheduled for Fri 22nd February - Sun 24th February 2013. I will keep you posted on further arrangements, but if any of you chaps or chapesses wish to attend please contact me on d.frampton@stokerochfordhall.co.uk.
david frampton

Return to Aeronef General