[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - The Long Search is Over…

The Long Search is Over…

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

The Long Search is Over…

Postby Zophiel » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:31 pm

Since 1988, when GDW released Space: 1889, I have been looking for miniatures like they produced. Although the books for the game are reasonably easy to find, I have never seen the ether flyers in stores. And when the company went out of business in 1996, it seemed as though I'd never find any.

Recently, while looking for 28mm figures for use in my Northern Crown (Atlas Games) campaign, I stumbled across the Celtos range from Brigade Models. I did find something I can use for my NC game and was impressed by the work I'd seen. So I looked at the other ranges from Brigade.

And I had found the Holy Grail of Victorian Science Fiction gaming (imo).

I expect to be ordering quite a few models in the relatively near future. In anticipation of a reasonably large fleet, I ordered this to serve as the centerpiece of the "storage diarama."

I've even started building a few custom models out of Sculpey. (For those who don't know, Sculpey is a non-toxic polymer clay that uses a home oven for a kiln.) I'll be posting pictures of the customs and the pier in the relatively near future.

Thank you very much for making Aeronef.
Zophiel

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:38 pm

Thanks!

and remember tell your friends......The more popular 'nef becomes the more models we can make :D

Steve

ps I like the look of the pier

Postby Tas » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:16 pm

Tas
Captain 'Nefarious!

My VSF Blog:
My General gaming Blog:
Tas

Postby Zophiel » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:50 am

Zophiel

Postby Zophiel » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:14 am

When the Pier set I ordered arrives, I'll probably buy one of these to connect it to:

Zophiel

Postby Zophiel » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:20 am

I just bought a lot on eBay which includes the Triang Minic - Factory building and Ocean Terminal with extension piece. What's pretty nifty about the latter is that it appears to have been designed as a copy of a real building (and now I'm wondering if the rest of the series was).

For the sake of comparison:

&

I would buy models from Brigade for city scenes and such, when and if they became available. (I hope that makes someone say, "Hmmm.")
Zophiel

Postby Zophiel » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:49 pm

And the pier set arrived today. I have to admit, the online pictures make these things look much bigger so I wasn't completely sure whether this box contained the Nef or the pier. Now that I have a better perspective, I'll bet I'm looking for my Fleets and Flotillas to arrive in a somewhat larger package.

This thing is going to look great on flying bases:

I found that a company by the name of Pharos makes scale lighthouse dioramas. Most of them are obviously land-based — for equally obvious reasons — but I do kinda like this one:

Zophiel

Postby Tas » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:29 pm

NeatO! :D
Tas
Captain 'Nefarious!

My VSF Blog:
My General gaming Blog:
Tas

Return to Aeronef General