[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - Anglo-Boer war

Anglo-Boer war

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Anglo-Boer war

Postby Smith » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:07 pm

I have a german dig fleet painted in desert camo of sorts, and was wondering if rebels like the South African Boer Republic would have a sizible fleet of airships under their command. Or would the Boers be replaced in the aeronef world with anarchists or the likes.
Last edited by Smith on Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smith

Postby Brigadier Tony » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:39 pm

The Boers appear in Land Ironclads, so the South African situation still exists in the Aeronef / LI version of history. They are still a conventional infantry / cavalry force however, no LI, from which I would infer little or no 'Nef too. I suspect the most that the Boers would have would be a few captured British patrol Nef or converted civilian craft.

However, Steve B may have more of an idea ...
Brigadier Tony

Postby Smith » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:57 pm

thanks for the explination, too bad for that fleet now I'll have to find a way to redeploy it. And now I can't help but be intrigued by land ironclads, Even though I promised myself to skip on this one since I have so much aeronef stuff sitting on my shelf, and on my desk, and in a shoe box!
Smith

Postby Brigadier Tony » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:05 pm

Well, they could just be a German colonial fleet in appropriate camouflage. I could see a scenario where the Germans in the 1890 war send air support to help the Boers against the British in South Africa.

In fact, you've got me thinking ... a German fleet in Afrika Korps desert yellow with the red/white/black markings would look really impressive.

[runs off to grab the paint box ...]
Brigadier Tony

Postby THE MASHERKING » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:25 pm

god damn its good to be the Masherking
THE MASHERKING

Postby Brigadier Tony » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:36 pm

Brigadier Tony

Postby Wessex Steve » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:16 pm

Steve Blease
Wessex Games
Wessex Steve

Postby Smith » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:46 pm