New Rules

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

New Rules

Postby Smith » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:12 pm

The original Aeronef rules have been out for a while and with all do respect are getting dated. Is a new rule book in the works? If so when can we expect it?
Now of course I ask because I have a few suggestions for these new rules :D.

1. More detailed options for custom building ships (an item by item point scale to easily reference and create a new ship or class).
2. updated bombing and monitor rules for incorporation with LI.
3. Guns with varying ranges. Small ships (patrol craft, destroyers, cruisers and carriers have all short range guns say 8 in, battle cruisers and battle ships have some shot range and some long range (say 12in range). The "big guns" could also be focused in the forward and possibly rear firing arcs to simulate a dreadnought gun set up.
4. keen historians might note that the dreadnoughts mentioned in point 3 didn't appear until 1906. This would be very late in the current time line, so an extended time line that spans 1910-1940 would be the perfect answer to explain the advance in technology. leaving old rules still playable as a separate time line and opening the door to new conflicts Russo-Japanese war, Spanish-American war, the world wars, some conflict in Russia similar to the red and white war and the Bolshevik revolution.
5. Armor classes? It would be difficult but it would make the game a lot more realistic.

I hope this gives everyone something to think about, please add any suggestions you might like to see, paratroopers for WWII, ship board mutiny for Potemkin or revolution scenarios, new weapon classes, new wars created in the whole new time line maybe no World Wars or a second American Civil War...
Smith

Re: New Rules

Postby Smith » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:32 am

just realized there is a whole "2nd edition rules" post :oops: I'll re post my thoughts there, though the 2nd edition thread has been up for nearly a decade and no 2nd yet in sight. Hears to hoping!
Smith

Return to Aeronef Rules