[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - What would you like to see in Aeronef 2nd edition?

What would you like to see in Aeronef 2nd edition?

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Re: Aircraft Carriers

Postby Tas » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:13 pm

Tas
Captain 'Nefarious!

My VSF Blog:
My General gaming Blog:
Tas

Postby Tas » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:25 pm

Tas
Captain 'Nefarious!

My VSF Blog:
My General gaming Blog:
Tas

Postby larsterkhan » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:17 am

I can't comment too much as I just received the basic rules and am waiting on the Captain's Handbook. I'll put in a vote for points. I love the look of the carriers, but I've come to hate fighters in games like Aeronef and space combat games in general as they usual tend to get abused. That being said if planes are used there should be an option to land them instead of being a one way trip. I could see the bombers being used sort of like guided missiles today. They would have a better chance at hitting a target, the down side is the possibility of being show down on the way to the target. And I would almost say that although they could land, there would be no refueling/launching in the course of a game. Hard to justify with 5 minute turns, but maybe I'm being too harsh. My main suggestion would be to make it available as a pdf. I would have ordered Aeronef (and other WG titles) long before but the waiting for the rules always put me off. I tend to be such an impulse buyer of wargames.
larsterkhan

Postby Ogrefencer » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:24 pm

Hi Steve,

Altitude, weather, inches not centimetres, wind and tie it all in with surface, subsurface and land to provide the complete VSF gaming experience...

(and then I woke up......)

Ogre and out
Ogrefencer

Postby Vanvlak » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:36 pm

Heat rays - for Martians, and also for Earth versions of the same or captured weapons.
Black smoke.
Ship-based rocket artillery. :shock:
Know the machine
Vanvlak

Postby Tas » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:12 pm

Tas
Captain 'Nefarious!

My VSF Blog:
My General gaming Blog:
Tas

Postby Hawkeye » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:36 pm

At any time, at any place, our snipers can drop you. Have a nice day.
Hawkeye

Postby larsterkhan » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:58 pm

Just got through reading Wells' "The Land Ironclads". Couldn't help thinking that this might be a good addition to any land combat. Sort of make it a trilogy of land, sea and air ironclads. (The story can be read here .)

Perhaps split the difference with Manley's "Warlords of the Oceans" and have 2 gun classes, light and heavy. Heavies would have a range to 60cm, cost 4CP and lose 2 Hvy Guns for each Red Court card if using the optional Card Based Dmg System. Units would be rated Armored, Unarmored or Light. Armored would ignore damage from Light guns and Light Units could not be targeted by Heavy Guns. Just an idea.[/url]
larsterkhan

Postby Tas » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:31 pm

Tas
Captain 'Nefarious!

My VSF Blog:
My General gaming Blog:
Tas

Postby Hawkeye » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:19 pm

Hawkeye

Land Ironclads

Postby Wessex Steve » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:29 am

Steve Blease
Wessex Games
Wessex Steve

Re: Land Ironclads

Postby larsterkhan » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:29 pm

larsterkhan

Postby Hawkeye » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:33 pm

Hawkeye

Postby Tas » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:21 am

Tas
Captain 'Nefarious!

My VSF Blog:
My General gaming Blog:
Tas

Postby Wessex Steve » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:52 pm

Steve Blease
Wessex Games
Wessex Steve

PreviousNext