[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - TORPS...

TORPS...

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

TORPS...

Postby Chief » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:22 am

I was looking at the main rules, and the stats on the site. It seems that some of the ship stats carry more torps than are allowed by the rules. So I am thinking a "salvo" is two torps. So a class five can carry 2 salvos (4 torps), and can fire two torps per turn (1 salvo).

Is this how everyone else is playing it?

Thanks.
Chief

Postby Chief » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:36 am

Played the first game this weekend as follows.

A Salvo equals 1 torp fired per turn and doing 5D6 damage per Salvo. The ship stats show more torps than are allowed by the rules. For example my class five had 4 torps on the sheet, but by the rules is only allowed two.

This did not seem to overbalance the game at all, but I think next time we plan to stick with class restrictions.

Still curious what the general opinion is.
Chief

Postby Brigadier Tony » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:51 am

I think I designed many of the ships before I was aware of that rule (that's my defence, and I'm sticking to it !)

It's also difficult to design small (class-5) torpedo nef for each nation that feel distinct from each other when you're restricted to the same armament (1 salvo) for each one. My take was that these are purpose-built torpedo carriers with a very short range (they won't be crossing the Atlantic anytime soon) where a very large proportion of the hull space is given over to the torpedo armament. Fuel, cabin facilities, supplies etc can be cut back to provide more space.
Brigadier Tony

Postby Chief » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:30 am

makes sense. Having 4 torps on a class five was not a deal killer because they can only launch one torp a turn.
Chief

Return to Aeronef Rules