[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - Bombing in 'Aeronef over the Aegean'

Bombing in 'Aeronef over the Aegean'

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Bombing in 'Aeronef over the Aegean'

Postby chillatbmth » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:45 pm

We played though this at the Wessex Wyverns club last night as a 4 player game 1 Austrian and 3 Turks plus me DMing it.

I have a question about how the bombing should work.

The Syren has 6 bombs (if fully fit) which I understand to be fire once weapon needing 6's to hit Ayvacik. The Syren has to inflict 6 points of damage on the city. In the core rule book I believe these bombs do a single point of damage - should we have used the optional rule in the 'Handbook' [D3 for damage points]?

Does this damage have to result from bombing or can it be inflicted by the guns as well. Should I have also used some rules from Land Ironclads to play this game?

We played it that each turn the bombing was 6 x D6, 6's to hit - which I'm sure is wrong but it kept the game going. And the guns were busy fending off a defiant Turkish defence.

PS Syren did not make it to Blood Oath (played it as a stand alone afterwards) because of those Ballons and Yarhisars
chillatbmth

Postby Tas » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:54 am

You should use the 'Handbook' rule with each bomb doing D3 damage, otherwise anything but a 100% success rate would be a mission fail.
All damage should be by bombing but if I was DMing I'd be flexible to keep the game and the suspense going - that what its all about after all!

Sorry for the confusion!
How did the rest of the scenarios go?

Glad you enjoyed the Baron's adventures 8)
Tas
Captain 'Nefarious!

My VSF Blog:
My General gaming Blog:
Tas

Postby chillatbmth » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:53 am

Part 1 the Austrian captain decided to go the scenic route along river valleys and allowed time for the Turkish picket to get away. There was a small amount of damage inflicted but nothing the repair crews could not handle.

In part 2

The Turkish defender had a lot of friends and got reinforcements every turn and those war balloons and torpedo boats must have had Ali on there side with the amount of damage being inflicted and Stern was soon worn down. The player did not take the hint that he can retreat / repair / then come back the next day but choose to hang around.

part 3 was a straight fight with both fleets at full strength - unless there is some rule about having to fire at the nearest capital ship (could ignore classes 3, 4 and 5 for this) then it is too easy to destroy the flag ship by ignoring the cruiser screen and just blast away at the flag ship - which is what happened.

Now that we have tried it once - will give it another go.

Would like some more of these mini campaigns and it did force me to buy a few more vessels when I thought that my fleet was complete.
chillatbmth

Postby Hawkeye » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:57 pm

Your fleets/armies are never complete :D
At any time, at any place, our snipers can drop you. Have a nice day.
Hawkeye

Return to Aeronef Rules