Mouvement ?

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Mouvement ?

Postby XIII » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:17 pm

Mouvement, page 11 of rules book... The exemple is not clear for me.

If HMES Nike (thrust 4) moved 3 inch, in turn 1 its momentum would be 2 inch (3X0,5 =1,5 rounded up). Therefor, it could move up to 6 inch in turn 2.

Turn 2 : Thrust 4, 2 + 4 equal 6 inch of mouvement 2 inch of momentum and 4 thrust ... ok for me.

Turn 1 ... Thrust 4 and a vessel move "only" 3 inch ????

I suppose module thrust or i dont understand rule.

If my momentum for turn 3 : momentun equal : 6 / 2 = 3 inch... and thurst 4 => 7 inch moved turn 3 momentum equal 4 inch turn 4 and 4 thrust and 4 inch of momentum 8 inch etc etc.

Ok, breake are difficulte no ? Or write on back my vessel, No brakes Sorry ! (NBS style) :roll:
XIII

Postby Brigadier Tony » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:25 pm

A ship doesn't have to move its full distance each turn, so the Nike could have moved 3" (just ignore the fact it's the first turn).

As for stopping - well, a vessel can just let its momentum die away by not moving (so a vessel moving 8" one turn would go 4" the next, then 2", then 1").

The key paragraph for stopping is this:

If a ship’s momentum is greater than its current thrust rating, it must move at least the difference between the two during the current turn; otherwise, it does not have to move at all.

So the Nike, with thrust 4, could come to a stop if its momentum is four or less.
Brigadier Tony

Postby XIII » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Thank you.
XIII

Return to Iron Stars Rules