[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - Size of playing area?

Size of playing area?

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Size of playing area?

Postby Ruarigh » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:07 pm

Ruarigh

Postby Brigadier Tony » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:28 pm

We generally play on x 6'x4' table with 40mm hexes, but that's at least twice as much area as you really need. Most of the games end up as a big bundle in the middle anyway ! I reckon you could handle 20 fighters a side on a table of that size
Brigadier Tony

Postby Ruarigh » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:02 pm

Ok, thanks. So, a 4'*4' area playing without hexes at a rate of 1 hex = 1 inch should be ample then.

I had another look through the rules and there seems to be no mention of hex size, so I am pleased you mentioned how large the hexes you use are. That gives me a suitable frame of reference. It might be worth including this info in the next iteration of the rules too as it gives people a decent idea of what they need.

My ninja shopper dropped by this evening and managed to sneak the figures in without my wife seeing. I now have my fighters sitting on the painting table adn I think they look great. Time to break out the primer tomorrow and then dither over an appropriate paint scheme. Do I go with the same as my ground troops, because the fighters will also provide ground attack capability? Or do I go with something more 'space-y'?
Ruarigh

Postby Brigadier Tony » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:57 am

Brigadier Tony

Return to SC3600 General