[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - Is this game line stalled or dying?

Is this game line stalled or dying?

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Is this game line stalled or dying?

Postby Tas » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:59 am

Whats the story with this game line? I have noticed that there hasnt been any activty for some time, and even the Mariner Games website is now unavailable.

Its a pity, because it seems like good game concept
Tas
Captain 'Nefarious!

My VSF Blog:
My General gaming Blog:
Tas

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:34 pm

what can I say.....

we are currently working on this, more soon. :D

Steve

Postby Brigadier Tony » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:08 pm

Steve said it ... SC isn't dead, merely sleeping ... :wink:
Brigadier Tony

Postby Tas » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:47 pm

Thanks for the info guys.

I remember having an email discusison with the game designer a few years ago about his plans for the game and its next sequel, but he was deploying on military service which was mucking around his plans (which I well understand and appreciate)

I'll look forward to more info later on!

Cheers!
Paul
Last edited by Tas on Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tas
Captain 'Nefarious!

My VSF Blog:
My General gaming Blog:
Tas

Postby Brigadier Tony » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:54 pm

That's exactly the problem - Pat et al have been flying all over the place dropping bombs on people :wink: which leaves them too busy to develop the game. However, we think we have the solution. More later in the year - we're too busy ourselves developing our other lines right now !
Brigadier Tony

Postby Tas » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:13 pm

Any update on this topic Tony or Steve?
thanks,
Paul
Tas
Captain 'Nefarious!

My VSF Blog:
My General gaming Blog:
Tas

Postby Brigadier Tony » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:03 pm

Hi Paul

Things got a bit stalled by our rather over-busy summers so it's all still rather 'in the pipeline' with no fixed end date. The one solid bit of news is that we have bought the rights to the rules from Mariner so it's all in our court now.
Brigadier Tony

Postby Tas » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:43 pm

Thanks for the reply Tony,

good to know its in good hands then!

I'll patiently await more news and amuse myself in the meantime with building more Nef fleets then! 8)
Tas
Captain 'Nefarious!

My VSF Blog:
My General gaming Blog:
Tas

Postby Tas » Tue May 29, 2007 12:52 pm

Tas

Postby Brigadier Tony » Tue May 29, 2007 1:50 pm

A well-timed question, sir !

The moulds for the first four in a completely new line of models came back last week. I'm waiting until we have some painted samples to show off, then we were going to go with the Big Announcement.

Still, if you can keep a secret ... we've moved the setting of the game to the same universe as our other SF ranges so the protagonists will be familiar. The initial release, aimed at late Autumn this year, should involve a completely new rulebook - same rules, new background - and a first batch of 16 models - four each for the AmRep, CDSU, Germans and EuroFed. The rules we've pretty much left alone apart from a few tweaks here and there but obviously we've replaced the pre-designed fighters from the old book with a completely new set.

The first batch of four models that have already been cast (so this isn't vapour-ware / spurious planning, we're well into things by now) includes the AmRep Raptor and Eagle and the CDSU Wusheng and ZhengSheng. These four designs will be familiar from the existing Starmada range. The cunning bit is that we've scaled them up to 1/300th (from the 1/600th of the existing models) so that they look a bit more imposing on the table AND they can be used with the Iron Cow range of 6mm vehicles, thus hopefully satisfying the ground-pounders who require air support :)

I'm planning on making one new master per week, so the 16 should be finished by the end of August (give or take the odd holiday). We have someone working on CGI illustrations for the rulebook and we're hoping to have a preview of the front cover pretty soon.

Anyway, photos of the first painted models in the next week or two I would hope.
Brigadier Tony

Postby Tas » Wed May 30, 2007 3:44 am

I certainly didnt expect such a positive reply - excellent news indeed! :D

The morphing of the background to a common one is a good idea and new fighters will be great too - I look forward to seeing them in all their painted glory

Will the old background and fighter designs be available somewhere as a download? It would be a nice touch for those who have already got a foot in that door.

I look forward to your Spring (for me!) relases for a revitalised SC3600! 8)
Tas

Postby Brigadier Tony » Wed May 30, 2007 7:32 am

Brigadier Tony

Postby Tas » Wed May 30, 2007 8:31 am

Tas

Postby Brigadier Tony » Wed May 30, 2007 8:41 am

Brigadier Tony

Postby Tas » Wed May 30, 2007 9:25 pm

Tas

Next

Return to SC3600 General