Missiles?

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Missiles?

Postby Ruarigh » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:42 pm

Time for some more stupid questions while I wait for the first coat of paint to dry on my fighters.

Looking at the missiles rules I cannot see where it says how many missiles a fighter can carry. I understand that it can launch as many missiles per turn as it has hardpoints. Could it, in theory, carry an unlimited number of missiles so that it could do this every turn, or is it limited to one missile per hardpoint in total?

Also, I cannot see where it explains what the letters in the hardpoint section of the fighter data sheets stand for. I am assuming, small, medium and large but it does not actually say as far as I can tell.

Could a fighter whose hardpoints can carry medium missiles carry small missiles in one or more of those, or are you limited to just missiles of that size? Also, do all missiles carried in one payload have to be of the same type?

More daft questions later,
Ruarigh
Ruarigh

Postby Brigadier Tony » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:36 pm

Not daft questions at all - it's the sort of stuff that's second nature to us when we're playtesting, but can be less than obvious to someone coming across the rules for the first time

Taking your questions in order

It's one missile per hardpoint

Small, medium, large, just as you suspected.

Each hardpoint can carry it's designated size missile or smaller. I thought I'd put that in the rules somewhere, but I was probably imagining things by the end of last week !

I'll try to update the rules with those clarifications this week.
Brigadier Tony

Postby Ruarigh » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:25 pm

Thanks for the response. P17 under 'Rate of Fire' suggests that you can carry more than one missile per hardpoint, hence my question.

I'm sure there will be even more questions after our game on Tuesday evening. Sorry! :)
Ruarigh

Postby Brigadier Tony » Mon May 02, 2011 6:08 pm

Some models will carry missile racks (eg the AmRep Raptor) which will be able to launch multiple missiles, but none of the currently released models do.

Looking forward to more feedback !
Brigadier Tony

Return to SC3600 Rules