[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - Europe 2103AD Map

Europe 2103AD Map

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Europe 2103AD Map

Postby Wessex Steve » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:58 pm

I've uploaded a map of C22nd Europe for Iron Cow on the blog:

http://2136ad.blogspot.com/

...and yes, I know Scandinavia is spelt wrong... :?
Steve Blease
Wessex Games
Wessex Steve

Postby Failure16 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:12 am

Well, that's a purdy map you got there, sir...

But why do I get the feeling that "If you think Europe looks bad, wait'll you see the rest of the planet...!"?
Failure16

Postby Brigadier Tony » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:35 am

It shows how much scope we still have for new models ... in Europe alone there's Poland, the Scandinavians and Khallistan. Poland will be next, a mix of imported German kit and home-built half-tracks.
Brigadier Tony

Postby Erik M » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:30 am

You certainly did Steve. :evil: :evil: :evil: Spell it wrong.
And I would presume a nuclear (or possibly chemical) at the Murmansk naval base too.

Splendid to get it in a big format thou, the map. 8)
Erik M

Postby Wessex Steve » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:38 am

Steve Blease
Wessex Games
Wessex Steve

Postby Wessex Steve » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:40 am

Steve Blease
Wessex Games
Wessex Steve

Postby Brigadier Tony » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:03 am

Brigadier Tony

Postby Wessex Steve » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:51 am

Steve Blease
Wessex Games
Wessex Steve

Postby Failure16 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:38 pm

Failure16

Postby javelin98 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:57 pm

And let's not forget:

La Alianza de América Central (ACA; En: "Central American Alliance") : Encompasses Mexico and its satellites to the south, reaching to the border with the former Venezuela. The ACA is an alliance in name only; in reality, all territory within its borders is either Mexican or a Mexican-controlled puppet state.

Los Estados Libres del Caribe (ELC; En: "Free Caribbean States"): Comprises nearly all island nations in the Caribbean Sea, including the Bahamas and Key West in the north and Trinidad-Tobago in the south. The radioactive wasteland that was the Cuban Collective Democractic Republic is technically part of the ELC, but it mostly uninhabited.

Nueva Liga de Bolivar (NLB; En: "New Bolivarian League"): A coalition of most of the countries of South America west of Brazil -- Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Chile, Argentina, and Bolivia.

Greater Brazil: Brazil brought Venezuela, Guyana, Suriname, French Guinea, and Uruguay under its control as vassal states following the war with the EuroFed in 2028. While technically independent, those states are entirely subjugated by Brazil. Paraguay has managed to stay neutral and has been declared a demilitarized zone by Brazil and the NLB.
Leo: (July 23—Aug. 22): The wheelchair and the indignity will be bad enough, but the worst part is going to be explaining to your wife exactly what you said to the genie to make him take off your legs like that.
javelin98

Postby Failure16 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:35 am

Sucks for Paraguay, doesn't it?

I would like to see the equipment any of those factions would field, though. My postulation: a conglomeration of standard nations' gear, but with mix-and-match bits. More realistically, it would have to be a mix of tracked and wheeled though, given the terrain (nee riverine forces, of course). I don't see grav-drives down there any time soon, though.

You know, that brings me to a thought that goes back to my introduction to the IC universe: it seemed to me that there weren't enough wars going on at the time of the game's introduction (speaking purely as a wargamer, because one war is enough for the poor bastards involved). If you look at it, most of the fighting happened several decades before 2103, which meant either of two things--either the equipment we have available is for that time period, or it is simply on the side lines watching the Pacfed and Indos go at it...

So, any of the present equipment could then be seen in the potential latin-american factions in a 2136 reboot. Unless said equipment is brought forward (pretty much a certainty, I'd think) in which case Brigade will have to release even more lines. Mores the pity, I know...

Or I coudl simply be overthinking all of this, hmm? :lol:

I suppose it doesn't matter. My EuroRepConNESS force will beat the pants off your ScandaIndoLeagueRepwealth force, I tell you!
Failure16

Postby Erik M » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:30 am

I've been looking at similar but different lines.
Mainly the "troops carried" in Starmada and how a brigade would look and act when landed interstellar.

Steve, I got a thought here, going from Cow to Ox (aux) that might be fruitful to discuss. I never did like those HQ/Jam rules. But we all now have the vehicles, need to find a use for them.
Erik M

Postby Brigadier Tony » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:37 pm

Brigadier Tony

Postby Brigadier Tony » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:38 pm

Brigadier Tony

Postby javelin98 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:58 pm

Leo: (July 23—Aug. 22): The wheelchair and the indignity will be bad enough, but the worst part is going to be explaining to your wife exactly what you said to the genie to make him take off your legs like that.
javelin98

Next

Return to Iron Cow General