[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - Task Organized Units

Task Organized Units

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Postby Brigadier Tony » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:19 pm

I will get round to the Polish half-tracks, I promise, but there's all these other ranges that need new models too ...
Brigadier Tony

Postby Splod » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:19 am

A learning experience is one of those things that says; 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.'
- Douglas Adams
Splod

Postby javelin98 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:11 pm

Leo: (July 23—Aug. 22): The wheelchair and the indignity will be bad enough, but the worst part is going to be explaining to your wife exactly what you said to the genie to make him take off your legs like that.
javelin98

Postby jeffb » Mon May 17, 2010 9:28 pm

jeffb

Location: Skemville, Outer Pieland or right side of the Pennines, Lancs

Postby Brigadier Tony » Tue May 18, 2010 7:57 am

Brigadier Tony

Postby Silveroak2 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:56 am

What happened to the Khallistani leauge, are they still at odds with the Saudi Empire, or did that war wipe them out? :?:
Silveroak2

Postby Brigadier Tony » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:05 pm

I think they're still about ... at least I hope so, as I'm planning a range of models for them !
Brigadier Tony

Postby javelin98 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:46 pm

Any hints as to what kind of aesthetic or tone you'll be taking with them?
Leo: (July 23—Aug. 22): The wheelchair and the indignity will be bad enough, but the worst part is going to be explaining to your wife exactly what you said to the genie to make him take off your legs like that.
javelin98

Postby Brigadier Tony » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:02 pm

They'll be tracked, I do know that. I see them facing up to the Neo-Sovs across the oilfields of Georgia (amongst others).

Here's the sort of thing I was considering

or

But they're likely to come after the Poles (half-track APCs) and Indonesians (first generation grav vehicles). Also on the drawing board for the distant future are Japanese (advanced grav vehicles) and Belgians (mercenary hover vehicles)
Brigadier Tony

Postby Failure16 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:56 pm

Tony, I am currently in the market for a M61 lookalike...and I have been for a couple years. If you produce them, they will be bought in company strength, guaranteed.

There is something about twin 140s and a Merkava-like "infantry" compartment that makes me smile. On the other hand, the Khurasan MBT is one of the hottest items on the market (in its scale)...

But please, make an M61 Semovente clone.

Please?

Really looking forward to the mention of new factions as well, especially conventional armor. I wonder if the Belgians will have open-topped cavalry-assault vehicles and whomping huge tanks?

(and it's always nice to hear about the half-tracks, of course!!)
Failure16

Postby Silveroak2 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:23 am

For a bunch of religious fanatics, they will have some really modern looking armor, the double gun one on the top is my fav, and with the tracks they look to be an excellent adition to the range, just wondering, why do you want a Semovente lookalike?
Silveroak2

Postby Failure16 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:35 am

Well, the top one is a "M61A5 Semovente" from the Gundamverse (not to be confused with the WWII Italian Semo 75). I don't follow anime, but a friend designed this for my own ruleset/universe so I naturally need to include a company-team of them in my collection. And it is a damn sexy piece of kit, so...

But yeah, they are all a bit "high-tech" for what I envisioned for the Khallistani League. Still, they would make purty models, so I'm in if we can finally have something that looks like an M61--though I know the resemblence won't be identical (and don't really want it to be, litigation and all). Just two big main-guns and a rear compartment is fine by me.

Incidentally, it is *big* tank:

Of course, the Khurasan (second image) M5 Siler MBT is one of the biggest 15mm tanks produced...I guess the K-League likes big armor, eh?
Failure16

Postby Silveroak2 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:06 am

FACEPALM, I follow Gundam and totally didn't catch that, I thought you meant the Italian variety. That is an epic tank though, reminds me of some of the tanks from "Supreme Commander," U.E.F. Pillar class for instance.
Silveroak2

Postby Brigadier Tony » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:05 pm

OK, maybe they won't be quite as big as these two ... they're more likely to be similar sizes to the rest of the tanks. I haven't settled on specific designs yet, just giving you an idea of the way I was thinking !

Making the Belgians mercenaries was Steve's idea, I thought they might be ONESS aligned but his reasoning is that being a half French, half Flemish society they wouldn't know which way to turn so they try to stay neutral.

They will have air-cushion cavalry vehicles (odd that !) but I will take care to make sure that they don't look like the official 15/28mm vehicles since Old Crow are about to come out with their own 6mm Slammers range.
Brigadier Tony

Postby Failure16 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:56 am

Well, I knew they wouldn't be carbon copies of those images...but I'd be lying if I said I didn't get a little giddy when I saw the M61 in all its glory, and without my prodding(!)...

As for the Belgians: sound reasoning. But let's face it, the official M9 Combat Car gets a lot of flak for its its aesthetics. Make it like this and I'll buy two dozen:

Bonus if you can shoehorn in a high-sided (ala M577) HQ version.
Failure16

PreviousNext

Return to Iron Cow General