[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - Into the Looking Glass

Into the Looking Glass

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Postby javelin98 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:46 pm

They're on their way!

Tony, the track skirts look good! Are the rest of the Russians getting track skirts as well? I think at least the vehicles based on the artillery chassis would need them, to cover up those little road wheels of theirs.

This new one would also make a great command tank.
Leo: (July 23—Aug. 22): The wheelchair and the indignity will be bad enough, but the worst part is going to be explaining to your wife exactly what you said to the genie to make him take off your legs like that.
javelin98

Postby Brigadier Tony » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:58 pm

I hadn't been planning to put skirts on the artillery vehicles - my argument there is that lightly armoured vehicles like those shouldn't be on the front line anyway !

Definitely considering skirts (and auxiliary fuel tanks) for the other MBT tho'
Brigadier Tony

Postby Failure16 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:02 pm

Oh, that BTMP-alike is too beautiful for words.

Skirts and aux-tanks on the MBT wouldn't be out of place, though.

But first I must demand a BMPT turret to go with the "existing" MBT hull! You know, akin to the Helheim, but less turret and more guns...

And then towed guns, and halftracks, and...

:wink:
Ahem.

Seriously, looking forward to them all. Thanks for working so hard and diligently on the BTMP!
Failure16

Postby Brigadier Tony » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:25 am

Brigadier Tony

Postby Failure16 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:27 am

Failure16

Postby javelin98 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:10 am

Leo: (July 23—Aug. 22): The wheelchair and the indignity will be bad enough, but the worst part is going to be explaining to your wife exactly what you said to the genie to make him take off your legs like that.
javelin98

Postby Failure16 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:54 am

Ah, well. I don't really consider this "thread necromancy" because it was originally intended as a clearing house and sounding board for goofy ideas that should be turned into 6mm form.

I was doing some research in my ceasless quest to drive myself irrevocably batty and realized that the EuroFed Garibaldi Heavy Tanks coudl indeed be the crucial piece of kit that I have been looking for to make a certain "Jager Blower" from another SF armor game. As if that wasn't groovy enough, the turret would do remarkably well as that of the sole grav tank in that same game.

Okay, so that's really neat, you say, but it dovetails nicely with some related talk we had here some time ago...namely the lack of assautl guns for certain forces, especially the EuroFed and SAC.

So I would like to put forth the Garibaldi as a preeminent candidate for a EuroFed assault gun. It's the heaviest piece of armor the Feds have (and they need it since they lose out on a case-by-case basis to virtually everybody) and is thus the best choice for a brawl at the end of an alleyway. Now I just have to get a proof on concept going...

So, whaddya think, sirs?

(in-universe, though, I would admit that the Eurofed procurement bureau might not want to turn their premier heavy tank into an assault gun, but who cares what they think, hey?)
Failure16

Postby javelin98 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:33 pm

An alternate theory might take the lack of an assault gun in the EuroFed inventory to be an indicator of a deliberate doctrinal decision, one which favors the flexibility of a turret over a fixed weapon. In that case, the Montsabert support tank would probably be the closest thing to an assault tank fielded by the EuroFed.

Of course, that brings up the question of what the purpose of an assault gun is. Is it anti-tank, urban warfare, breaching defensive fortifications...?

I can foresee a time when the urban-warfare role is filled by MBTs that are modified to be optimal in assault, CQB, and MOUT situations. Examples would be the ONESS Helheim, M1A2-TUSK, Leopard 2 PSO (very cool piece of equipment, pictured below), or the BMPT.

Another potential future CQB development would be an armored version of the "gun truck" concept, with an armored vehicle that mounts six or more independent remotely-operated weapon stations (like the CROWS system) mounting HMGs or grenade launchers. The onboard crew would thus be able of putting effective fire in multiple directions at once, a real boon in an urban-warfare situation. The vehicle could mount a Hellfire- or Sagger-type missile launcher for anti-tank purposes (almost in a self-defense capacity, really).

Some cool pics:

Leopard 2 PSO:

BMPT:
javelin98

Postby Erik M » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:35 am

I wonder if "remote control" will be a big part of any "force on force" conflict.
To easy to interfere with control, maybe even take control!
Erik M

Postby Brigadier Tony » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:56 am

Brigadier Tony

Postby javelin98 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:46 pm

javelin98

Postby Failure16 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:54 pm

Last edited by Failure16 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Failure16

Postby Failure16 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:33 pm

Kind of dredging up an old thread, but hey... :D

I know that the Polish Half-tracks are looking for a late Spring/Early-Summer release in the coming year (which is absolutely fabulous!), but I was wondering about a couple of items that we had seen:

o EuroFed ten-wheeled lorry (I can see myself buying...lots of these, especially if they have different loads ala the SAC heavy utility truck)

o Mech Assault Gun (I know these had some casting issues, but I really loved the look of them and would be good for at least 9-12 depending)

o More VTOLs (sure, other manufacturers have 'em, but I like Brigade's style, pricing, and customer-service--and one can never have enough VTOLs!)

o Hover-skirt for Catroux conversions (this might be easier to implement than a whole new vehicle, and will effectively double the range available for the EuroFeds)

I'm sure there are more things that I can think of, but I believe those are the most visible ones. Maybe after the deluge of Holiday orders, eh?
Failure16

Postby Brigadier Tony » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:07 pm

Brigadier Tony

Postby Failure16 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:28 pm

Failure16

Previous

Return to Iron Cow Miniatures