[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - Scandinavia in the 31st century

Scandinavia in the 31st century

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Scandinavia in the 31st century

Postby Ruarigh » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:43 pm

I have just updated my blog with a couple of posts about my newly painted 6mm sci-fi force.

Basic post here:
http://ooh-shiny-complex.blogspot.com/2 ... gress.html

Additional material and detail pics here:
http://ooh-shiny-complex.blogspot.com/

The figures are vehicles from Brigade Models and infantry from Baccus. Here is a taster pic:

Hope this is of interest,
Ruarigh
Ruarigh

Postby Erik M » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:59 am

*grumble* Power with the Norwegians? Bah! Humbug!

Good show otherwise. 8)
Erik M

Postby Ruarigh » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:02 pm

Well, you know how it goes, I learnt Norwegian before I ever learnt any Swedish so guess which country gets to redress the injustices of the 14th century? Mind you, I can barely manage either these days, but that has not stopped my pro-Norwegian bias! ;)
Ruarigh

Postby Erik M » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:45 pm

Det beror enbart på att du föredrar lusekofter framför fagert bystiga valkyrior! :P
Erik M

Postby Brigadier Tony » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:46 pm

Nice work - I like the camo' scheme on the Wespes :-)
Brigadier Tony

Postby Ruarigh » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:49 pm

Ruarigh

Postby Failure16 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:52 am

Failure16

Postby Erik M » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:14 pm

Might add that I like the very Centurion (former Swedish MBT) look.
The cammo should perhaps be dark brown instead of light/sand thou.

Ska jag välja blir det islands-tröja. Och givetvis valkyrior, ju mer pansar, dessto mer uthållighet! :twisted:

And for the OGRE-player:
Erik M

Postby Ruarigh » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:46 pm

Ruarigh

Postby IanShaw » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:28 am

Centurion - SWEEDISH !, One of ours old chap, Swedes cant build turrets.....
IanShaw

Postby Erik M » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:09 pm

Yes, a Swedish Centurion (Strv 81, 101, 102, 104 & 105), just as there's Swedish Leopard II's (Strv 121 & 122).
Then we have the Swedish (which started back in the 40's as Stridsvagn m/40).
Also is the (Strf 90) [CV90 (Combat Vehicle)] Swedish and with a tower... :twisted:

It's the S-Tank (Strv 103) that is sort of legendary with it gas turbin and extremly low profile. A pity really that it's been replaced with that German monster of Leopard 2.
Erik M

Postby Wessex Steve » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:28 pm

As you can see from the 2103 map I put on my blog, there is a Scandinavian Federation that is part of ONESS:

http://bleaseworld.blogspot.com/2009/03/having-cow.html

So once Tony has got the English and Germans done, some Scandinavian armour might be a good call (I intend to put something about them in the Neo-Sov source book as the chief focus is on the Neo-Sov clashes with ONESS).
Steve Blease
Wessex Games
Wessex Steve

Postby Ruarigh » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:15 pm

I had not spotted your map before, Steve. One reason I used the German vehicles was because of the modern use of Leopards in Scandinavian armies. Another was the Thor MBT. How can you not have a Thor MBT in your Scandinavian army? :)
Ruarigh

Postby Erik M » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:29 pm

Steve ~ I'd love to help you with local knowledge of Scandinavia (Norway and Sweden, northern part of Finland too).
Is there a bigger map to be had?
Erik M

Postby Erik M » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:45 pm

Ah, I just have to make a geo-poli-eco statement regarding Scandinavia. :oops:

Following a general political collapse based on oil shortage I'd say Sweden stand a fair chance to hold it's own.
Self-sufficient in electricity/fuel-cells (lots of water and wind) and in iron, copper and bauxite (aluminium) ore and various other things (food and wood) there might be another "Kalmar Union" yes. But under the usual democratic form for these countries. Denmark would most likely be included here to (and Finland due to close ties with Sweden). Thus forming the Nordic Union.
Which might even include the Baltic states.
Erik M

Next

Return to Iron Cow Miniatures