[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - I do have to say, I really like these Soviets!

I do have to say, I really like these Soviets!

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

I do have to say, I really like these Soviets!

Postby javelin98 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:01 pm

Leo: (July 23—Aug. 22): The wheelchair and the indignity will be bad enough, but the worst part is going to be explaining to your wife exactly what you said to the genie to make him take off your legs like that.
javelin98

Postby Failure16 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:26 am

Ock! No fair! I still haven't heard hide nor hair of my December order, though I have a goodly portion of the initial batch to compare. All good, I suppose.

I too am a big fan of all the sculpts, especially the variety therein. Personally, I feel the Kunitsa is a *bit* big and the light tank a bit small, but it's good to hear the Lisa can stand in as another APC (I was intending it as such, but waiting for mine to arrive).

I am really looking forward to seeing how the new assault guns look (though I may as well take the time to bemoan the fate of the original Mech Assault Gun) as well. They look great in pictures, but size is what concerns me now (for statting them out in games-other-than-IC).

All told, the NeoSovs are running number two behind my beloved Eurofed Legion for awesomeness in Brigade miniature perfection. Now I just have to figure out how to paint them, eh?

What are you planning, Jav?
Failure16

Postby javelin98 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:00 am

You know, there are so many different ways I'd enjoy painting these up. I'm tempted to give the Berlin Brigade scheme a try:

But I don't feel like spending a year painting these things. I might try something along the lines of the German ambush camo from WWII, or I might just make them a nice OD green with big red stars on it!
Leo: (July 23—Aug. 22): The wheelchair and the indignity will be bad enough, but the worst part is going to be explaining to your wife exactly what you said to the genie to make him take off your legs like that.
javelin98

Postby Erik M » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:54 am

I wonder I wonder. With the possibly stronger assault rifle of the (near) future, wouldn't three man fireteams be prudent?
ML+2, 3, MG+2, CA+2, Co+2. Rounds a standard "germy"-platoon to 8 fireteams.
Erik M

Postby Failure16 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:34 pm

Actually Erik, that is precisely the way I did things. Not so much as that I agree with the three-man team concept in reality (i don't), but that it worked out nicely between numbers and how I wanted to represent things on the table. Three men are my fire-team representation, and two men are my heavy/special weapons teams.

Javelin, that is indeed a fabulous scheme (also present on some Indonesian 6x6. 8x8s as well), but not something I am entertaining right now for such a large force for precisely your reasons. The all-green scheme has an appeal because it is "canon", looks like WWII-to-present Russian schemes, and is easy. Not to mention is is the scheme that the Zaporoskyie Brigade in Hammers Slammers (which can be comfortably proxied using the NeoSov line) uses the same greenery.

On the other hand, something like this is awfully attractive:

[/code]
Failure16

Postby Brigadier Tony » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:07 am

Brigadier Tony

Postby Brigadier Tony » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:52 am

Brigadier Tony

Postby Failure16 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:02 pm

Oh, Tony--I apologize if I came of as whining. Internet and all; I was trying to be funny and it fell completely flat. As I said before, please take your time. I have enough stuff to work through before I feel like tackling the influx of Russians. I am seriously glad that you folks are staying busy, though. Couldn't happen to a better company!

As always, looking forward to new and different stuff, but the Mech Assault Gun had a lot of promise. What if you beefed it up a smidge, changing the lines a bit? Ah well, whatever way it goes, it will fill a sizeable hole in my forces, and others, I'm sure.

Hmmm...multi-tracked tank, eh? Pray tell...
Last edited by Failure16 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Failure16

Postby Brigadier Tony » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:10 am

Brigadier Tony

Postby Failure16 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:32 pm

Failure16

Postby Failure16 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:32 am

Earlier I said I knew of an Indonesian LAV that was simialrly camouflaged to the BB; well I was wrong. It was a Taiwanese CM-32 Yunpao.

Failure16

Postby Brigadier Tony » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:40 am

Great camo' scheme, but I can't see me painting many in 6mm !!

Thanks for the list of names, are you assuming I'll make enough models to use up all of them !?

In fact they'll come in handy when we get round to the Russian spacefleet (planned for later this year)
Brigadier Tony

Postby javelin98 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:19 pm

"Bassoon"? "Nothing strikes fear into the hearts of men like the dreaded Bassoon!" And God help you if the Accordian comes after you... Although, given that WWII-era MLRS systems were named after a steam organ, maybe I shouldn't be too hasty...

I like Kobra, Drakon, Strela, Vampir, Tigr, Karatel... those are pretty catchy. What's Russian for "Ice Pick", "Pick Axe", "Sledgehammer", or "Avalanche"? Those would be good analogies for an assault gun.
javelin98

Postby Failure16 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:50 pm

Well, you know, I just saw a picture of a Polish tank with "Lady Gaga' scrawled along the gun-tube. I suppose that's better than being killed by a tank named 'Britney Spears', eh?

I found/came up with soem new ones:

o Lavina (Avalanche)
o Topor (Axe)
o Kirka (Pickaxe)
o Ledoryub (Ice Axe)
o Sokrushitel'nyi (Sledgehammer-this one is pretty iffy)
o Lezvi (Blade)
o Molotok (Hammer)
o Shhit (Shield--transliterated, I swear it! But feel free to delete this is it counts as trying to subvert a censortron feature)
o Prividenie (Ghost)
o Sokol (Falcon)
o Ubijca (Killer)
o Surceed (Heartbreaker)
o Likho (Bad luck--as in the embodiment of evil bad luck--basically a demon of folklore)
o Koca (Scythe)

I am also not sure about painting any of those disruptive/block camoes in 6mm, especially not in great enough quantities as they would be warranted. But sure, Tony--I do intend for you to use every single name, so you'd best get cracking. :shock:

:lol:

Seriously, a lot of those names would be more suited to aircraft or futuristic ships, sure.

But you know, I could really help you out with some Polish names, if you'd like. I mean, how many more Russian AFVs are there to make, eh?
Failure16

Return to Iron Cow Miniatures