More fun with Sketchup!

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

More fun with Sketchup!

Postby javelin98 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:47 pm

So I've been playing around some more with Sketchup and Shapeways and having a good time with it. I've started in on a few 15mm-scale sci-fi terrain items, mostly geared towards Space Hulk-ish corridor games, starship boarding actions, etc. So without further ado, here are some of the things I've managed to get uploaded.

Transporter Room (the console being stolen from Star Trek TOS, the pads from one of the movies, and the walls from TNG).

A computer station, for your ship's miniskirt-wearing crewwomen or pointy-eared, green-blooded logic-powered aliens.

A science or medical lab, complete with QWERTY keyboard, boom-mounted electron microscope, analyzers, microscope, etc. Oh, and plenty of storage space.

Cryo-beds, also known as cryo-chambers, hypersleep capsules, freezers, etc. These come in four different styles (the fourth one has a problem I'm currently trying to fix. It looks like the first one, but standing upright).

Turbolift doors and wall-mounted ladders for those games involving multiple decks:

The combat information center (CIC) plotting table, inspired by the new Battlestar Galactica.

I'll post a few more soon, especially those which might become decent fodder for use in modifying some of Brigade's 15mm vehicles!
Leo: (July 23—Aug. 22): The wheelchair and the indignity will be bad enough, but the worst part is going to be explaining to your wife exactly what you said to the genie to make him take off your legs like that.
javelin98

Postby javelin98 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:13 pm

So, continuing on, here are some vehicular items which could be useful in upgrading or modding any of Brigade's fine line of 15mm vehicles!

Remote Antitank Gun:

Remote Particle Gun:

Remote Railgun (looks like there's a problem with the barrel, so I'll be pulling this one down and fixing it):

Guided Missile Launcher:

Light Machine Gun Turret:

Full Manned Turret with Antitank Gun and Tribarrel Machine Gun:

Remote Air Defense Turret (with 2 chain guns and 2 SAMs):

Dozer Blades (I'm going to be changing the design on these a bit, but they'll look pretty much the same from the front):

We'll be back with more, right after these messages!
Leo: (July 23—Aug. 22): The wheelchair and the indignity will be bad enough, but the worst part is going to be explaining to your wife exactly what you said to the genie to make him take off your legs like that.
javelin98

Postby javelin98 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:22 pm

Wow... I didn't realize how huge those pics would be. Sorry about that! In reality (or some digital proxy thereof), that LMG turret could replace one of the hatches on the full manned turret.

Anyhoo, onward we go.

Smoke dischargers (these may be too large for use with Brigade vehicles; I'll need to go and measure them more precisely):

Ground-Penetrating Radar (for detecting buried and camouflaged land mines):

Armored recovery vehicle boom:

Engineer power shovel boom:

I also have an artillery piece, which needs some improvement, and I'm planning on adding an automated mortar, a flamethrower, and whatever other cool ideas people can come up with.
javelin98

Postby Brigadier Tony » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:52 pm

Javelin, you're getting pretty good at this ...

In return, I offer you the 15mm scale M-83 Curtiss Heavy Tank in all its glory, which we've been developing on the quiet ...
Brigadier Tony

Postby javelin98 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:11 am

Wow, that's fantastic! Can't wait for that one to hit the virtual shelves.

I was planning on playing around with the Suwalska APC a bit, see how well I could do on that one. I need to get better with the fine details and the curves. I have yet to find a reliable way to make decent curves, such as for the nose of an airplane or something similar.
javelin98

Postby Brigadier Tony » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:14 am

How about this for a world exclusive ...

Brigadier Tony

Postby Failure16 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:52 am

Jav, I am consistently amazed with your remarkable proficiency in various mediums.

Tony, I was just plugging that very tank to John Treadaway for potential inclusion into the Hammer's Slammers (The Crucible) universe. No idea if he was swayed or not (since he was looking for 15mm while I only had 6mm to show), but this can only help matters. Mind if I post the picture of the M-83 master to that topic if I get the chance?
Last edited by Failure16 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Failure16

Postby Brigadier Tony » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:32 am

Mind if I post the picture of the M-83 master to that topic if I get the chance?

Go for it :)
Brigadier Tony

Postby Failure16 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:31 am

Not to take away from Jav's thread, but the picture of the Curtiss got some favorable reviews on TMP, among them:

"Sign me up for at least 3 of those in 15mm"

Hope it comes to fruition!
Failure16

Postby Brigadier Tony » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:17 am

It was supposed to be released in December, but Phil ran out of rubber for the mould ! It's taken a while to get new supplies over Xmas, but they're on the way
Brigadier Tony

Return to 15mm Miniatures