Wishlist 15mm Vehicles

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Wishlist 15mm Vehicles

Postby GuyT2GP » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:55 pm

What new vehicles would you like to see Brigade produce; not already produced in their 6mm range ???

My Wishlist

1] A small series of generic Planetary Militia transport.

2]An unarmoured 'militarised' truck suitable for use by militia or rebels.

3] A ground attack fighterbomber/skimmer.

That's a start, let's see what the rest of the 15mm scifi world would like. 8)
GuyT2GP

Misadventure

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:39 pm

What new vehicles would you like to see Brigade produce; not already produced in their 6mm range ???

Well that was a bit messed up... 8)8)

Postby Brigadier Tony » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:41 pm

Somehow I completely missed this post when it first appeared, otherwise I would have replied much sooner - so many apologies :oops:

1) What are you thinking of here ? Stuff like the modern South African armoured trucks, or simply civilian vehicles with a bit of improvised armour plate (Spanish Civil War armoured cars) ?

2) Presumably this is the improvised armoured vehicle ?

3) I've started a Wespe ... don't know when I'll finish tho' !
Brigadier Tony

Wishlist 15mm

Postby GuyT2GP » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:24 pm

Thanks Tony,
1] Thinking more of a scifi Jeep,Hummvee, Lt Truck,Utility; and a troopcarrier:- scifi Opel Blitz or Bedford QL - low to mid tech,little or no armour [motorised not mechanised infantry].

2] High mobility wheeled Hemmtt [ like Oskosh but smaller]- 2nd line
could mount hvy wpn?

3]Hopefully in time so that we can use some at Partizan in May 2006

Hopefully that clarifies my thoughts :D

Guy T
GuyT2GP

Postby Mark A. Siefert » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:12 pm

I'd like to see VTOL troop carriers and gunships ala the aerodynes for the Cyberpunk universe. (e.g. Think of an oversized, armored, mini-van with vectored thrust jets.)

Unmanned combat vehicles. I don't know if you chaps get Popular Science in the UK or, if you do, they have the same articles, but the January issue has this fantastic peice on "robotic soliders" with this great picture of an wheeled ummanned battle tank. It sort of looks like a the latest version of the Batmobile (i.e. "Batman Begins") with a Merkava turret. Very cool! 8)

Multi-pedal combat walkers, ala the tanks in various anime (e.g. "Ghost In The Shell." "Patlabor.")

Very heavy powered armor suits, ala the combat walkers from 2300 AD.

Later,
Mark A. Siefert
Mark A. Siefert

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:08 am

Hmm SF15-309a making it to production. And what about a missile version as well?

More APC's like SF15-603 just larger (it would be nice if they had the size to look as if they could have troops on board). A 6 wheeled version of the same, plus optional support weapons (anti tank, missiles, command etc.)

Plus I would like to see more VTOLS and smaller attack craft as well..

Postby GypsyComet » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:38 pm

In slight disregard for the original question, I'd like to see the 6mm PacFed gravs scaled up to 15mm.

Hatch-dwelling tank commanders would be nice, as impractical as that may sound on a fast-flying grav tank or gravel-spraying ACV.

I'm also in favor of civilian vehicles. Coupes, sedans, vans, and trucks. A good couple of bikes would be cool, too. Wheel and grav, or in some cases interchangeable (comes with wheels, VTOL thrusters, or grav plates).
GypsyComet

Postby Brigadier Tony » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:36 pm

The PacFed would be the next line to get upscaled to 15mm I think - just because they're a bit different and a bit more high-tech than the others.

And whenever we discuss 15mm figures, the topic of tank commanders always comes up - so when we get around to them, that's where we'll start.
Brigadier Tony

Postby javelin98 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:43 pm

I'd really like to see the SAC Wildebeest and its variants scaled up to 15mm. Indeed I would.

Maybe some generic 15mm accessories -- dozer blades, an ARV/CEV boom, stowage, applique armor or ERA blocks, comms dishes, etc. I think a lot of folks would like the chance to add more customization to their 15mm vehicles.

One-man skimmers or anti-grav sleds. Small one-man vehicles that a player could mount a fig on and then dismount the fig if need be. Could have a couple of different styles. Incorporating anti-grav dragoons into a fight could be an interesting new dynamic.

Orbital drop pods! Wouldn't necessarily have to be squad-sized; could be individual pods a la Heinlein's Starship Troopers (the real Starship Troopers).

More to follow.
Leo: (July 23—Aug. 22): The wheelchair and the indignity will be bad enough, but the worst part is going to be explaining to your wife exactly what you said to the genie to make him take off your legs like that.
javelin98

Postby Brigadier Tony » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:06 am

The Wildebeest is close to the top of my "what-shall-I-do-next-in-15mm" list (just behind the AmRep Boyd and Baumann, in fact).

Stowage is certainly something I want to do (if anyone has seen the Hammers Slammers rules and the Warlords game, you'll know how effective the vehicles in that look covered in copious stowage, jerricans etc). And add-on armour too, in fact I'm part-way through an add-on armour kit for the Thor.

GZG of course do the Slammers skimmer, although the figures are cast on so you can't remove them.
Brigadier Tony

Postby javelin98 » Tue May 12, 2009 3:46 pm

Since some new products have hit the virtual shelves:

I think there might be interest in seeing the new Russian vehicles scaled up to 15mm, especially if the Kuritsa APC came in a number of variants (mortar carrier, antitank, cav, etc.). The Bison and Vombat would also be cool to see in 15mm.

And the new German Helheim tank... that would be a wicked addition to anyone playing 15mm in an urban setting! MOUT scenarios just beg for something with twin Gatlings!
Leo: (July 23—Aug. 22): The wheelchair and the indignity will be bad enough, but the worst part is going to be explaining to your wife exactly what you said to the genie to make him take off your legs like that.
javelin98

Postby Brigadier Tony » Tue May 12, 2009 3:56 pm

The 15mm range is in need of some attention, having been neglected in favour of LI and it's 6mm brethren of late.

There are some models on my list for this year - notably the Hippo truck.

The Helheim (and, since I'm making that, the Woden) would be extremely cool in 15mm. And since it's designed for close range urban combat, ideal for the larger scale. I have a plan of a small family of urban combat vehicles based on the Woden hull, including a Sturmtiger-like assault vehicle with a Very Big Gun and a personnel carrier designed for power armoured troops. They'll appear in 6mm first, but 15mm is a logical step forwards.

The popularity of the Russians would also imply that they'd do well in the larger scale too.
Brigadier Tony

Postby javelin98 » Tue May 12, 2009 4:04 pm

Brigadier Tony wrote:The popularity of the Russians would also imply that they'd do well in the larger scale too.

Oh, I definitely think so! And, um, some 6mm Russian VTOLs, maybe...? Or am I pushing it?

Actually, it'll just be nice to see the NeoSov auxiliary vehicles hit the webstore; any progress on those molds?
javelin98

Postby Brigadier Tony » Wed May 13, 2009 6:56 am

VTOLs ? We actually need quite a few, ideally I'd like one for each of the 6mm nationalities and at the moment there are only two !

As for the Soviet support vehicles, the command vehicle has already gone to be moulded. I need to modify the artillery and support vehicle hulls slightly (track guards are too thin and need beefing up a bit) but the turrets are all ready. The last major task is to cast enough track units (we need 40-45 to fill the mould) and clean those up ready for moulding.
Brigadier Tony

Postby javelin98 » Wed May 13, 2009 1:14 pm

Okay, so... maybe by Friday then? Kidding! We appreciate all you folks are doing for the gaming community!
javelin98

Next

Return to 15mm Miniatures