[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - This might sound a bit daft, but...

This might sound a bit daft, but...

This might sound a bit daft, but...

Postby KJ » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:13 pm

...are there any plans to introduce a sort of "mobile aerodrome" land carrier into the line? This type of hull might make sense in some situations where airships aren't available to support ground operations, and to keep the location of the aerodromes from being readily found by enemy bombers.

Just a thought - it might be a really dumb one, but the model would probably look very cool!
KJ

Postby javelin98 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:40 am

No, I don't think that's dumb at all -- rather, that's a great idea! Didn't they do that in Heavy Gear? If it worked for them, it'll work for LIC, I'm thinking.
Leo: (July 23—Aug. 22): The wheelchair and the indignity will be bad enough, but the worst part is going to be explaining to your wife exactly what you said to the genie to make him take off your legs like that.
javelin98

Postby david frampton » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:24 pm

DAMN DAMN DAMN!!! I have been working on a cunning secret mobile aerodrome and now my plans are revealed to the world! I have used a basic hull with planking over the top. I have found that the staples in a photocopier sometimes come in little flat packs. The staples look like planking if painted up. Also use this method for scratch builing nefs too. Hope this may help. david
david frampton

Postby KJ » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:08 pm

I'm in the planning stages of making several scratch-built variant LI, including a mobile aerodrome. I was thinking of using plasticard for the decking (you can get sheets with pre-lined decking for architectural models), beefed up by a 1/8" section of balsa. Two independent tread sections per side (possibly scratch built, and maybe a few cut-down Brunel Tractors as an easy alternate).

I'm also drawing up some plans and templates to build several 1/300 scale LI to go along with my collection of Colonial/FPW/WWI 6mm armies. :twisted:
KJ

Postby javelin98 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:31 pm

I imagine that Brigade could even make a couple of generic flight decks that could be mounted on the larger LI's in place of their normal greeblies. It could even have a flat space off to the side where the LI's normal bridge and stacks could be mounted.

What are you going to use for aircraft? The ones from Aeronef would probably work nicely.
Leo: (July 23—Aug. 22): The wheelchair and the indignity will be bad enough, but the worst part is going to be explaining to your wife exactly what you said to the genie to make him take off your legs like that.
javelin98

Postby KJ » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:55 pm

KJ

Postby Brigadier Tony » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:59 pm

Brigadier Tony

Postby Mr.Marx » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:25 pm

You mean like that? :)
Mr.Marx

Postby Brigadier Tony » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:09 pm

Pretty close, I have to say ... very nice work. What's the deck made from ?
Brigadier Tony

Postby Mr.Marx » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:43 pm

its a micromachines abrams bridgelayer, its just the hull of it with the bridge arm ontop. Easy Peasy.
Mr.Marx

Postby javelin98 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:31 pm

Easy peasy and absolutely brilliant, I'd have to say! Well done!
javelin98

Return to Land Ironclads Miniatures