Kitbash using one of your freighter miniatures

General discussion about ... well, anything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums !

Kitbash using one of your freighter miniatures

Postby billclo » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:34 am

Hi. I just wanted to let you guys know that I managed to complete a kitbash of a Heavy Freighter, using one of your miniatures. It is for A Call to Arms: Star Fleet, and started life as a Modular Container Ship. I wanted something different from what was already being sold by Mongoose/ADB.

See below:

Here's what the Brigade model looks like assembled:

Miniature assembled, upside down. Also shown is the 2-piece central rib I am adding to help the miniature support the extra weight of the 4 large brass cargo pods. I am using 2 x 1/16ths brass pins to help attach them, and 1-minute epoxy.

Miniature with central rib attached:

Top view of miniature. I have used a belt sander and file to flatten the top and bottom of the side cargo pods to mount the new brass cargo pods. I also drilled 4 x .036" holes all the way through the pods from top to bottom for some paperclip material pins to attach the brass cargo pods with.

I am currently drilling the holes in the cargo pods, which is VERY tedious, using a hand vise and .036" drillbit. More pictures when they are available.

More pics, after the cargo pods have been added.

Front view:

Rear view (warp engines need cleaning up of excess putty):

Left side view:

Front underside view:

Freighter painted, with some minimalist decals on it. I could really use some shipping line decals for the cargo containers, but don't know where to get any.

billclo

Return to General