[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - Other obsessions...

Other obsessions...

General discussion about ... well, anything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums !

Other obsessions...

Postby Zophiel » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:11 am

In addition to Aeronef, I'm an avid collector of miniatures for two other periods — both rarely treated by the industry:

• Pre-Revolutionary America (~ 1702)
• China (~ 1925)

Both of these have inspired searches for 28mm figures and they aren't the easiest periods for such quests. The Chinese campaign is largely Pulp in orientation and I'd thought the main villain would come from Bob Murch or Mark Copplestone...

Tonight, I found this:

It is the classic brain-in-a-jar monster and it's made by Black Cat Bases.
Mens regnum bona possidet
Zophiel

Postby Zophiel » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:16 pm

As luck would have it — the brain-in-a-jar figure is NOT made by Black Cat Bases. I got a very kind email from BCB saying that the figure shown in their product was supplied by a customer (obviously, by someone else fascinated by the concept).

The original maker was Fortress Figures, so I contacted them. I learned that the brain was discontinued but it would seem that my request was the latest in a string that has helped convince FF to resume making the figure.

I just ordered one.

Zophiel

Postby Zophiel » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:53 pm

Today has been a stunning and nifty day for my gaming hobbies. Not only did I get this news:

But, as it turns out, this is my 250th post in the Brigade forum — so it is doubly on topic.
Zophiel

Postby Brigadier Tony » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:51 pm

250 up ? Well done - you're putting those of us that run the site to shame !
Brigadier Tony

Postby Zophiel » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:15 pm

Last edited by Zophiel on Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zophiel

Postby Tas » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:36 am

Tas

Postby Zophiel » Thu May 17, 2007 8:42 am

After an extremely long search (or, perhaps, series of searches is more accurate) I finally found a picture of what Philadelphia looked ilke in the year 1702. I had to take two screen shots and rotate the image before piecing this together -

The details are not great but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas about assembling a model of this...
Zophiel

Postby kenh01 » Thu May 17, 2007 8:22 pm

Hi Zophiel

Looks like a perfect project for Langdon 1:1200 building and docks, might even use a few ships.

check the out at

http://www.rodlangton.com/

Ken
kenh01

Postby Brigadier Tony » Thu May 17, 2007 9:39 pm

The Langton buildings are superb - they're the ones we use in photos. Bit pricey tho'.

Irregular make a large amount of less detailed but far less expensive buildings, and it's also something we're considering as an add-on the the LI range.
Brigadier Tony

Postby Zophiel » Wed May 23, 2007 4:57 am

Zophiel

Postby Zophiel » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:24 am

For a number of days (I want to say five but I'm not certain) I have been searching for the website of a manufacturer of terrain that is quite reminiscent of Pardulon products.

I had thought I'd bookmarked the site in question but couldn't find it right off. A very long series of Google searches based on what I remembered of the product ranges produced nothing but frustration.

This left me with just one option: to go through each of my game-related bookmarks to see if I actually had added it. Fortunately, I do have a few broad categories for my bookmarks but, as you might imagine, I have a lot of gaming interests. I worked my way through the list, sub-categorizing as I went, and finally found it.

What I was hunting specifically would be the five (or maybe seven) items seen here:

The ordering process isn't so simple but compared to the quest-and-turmoil of rediscovering the link, it should be simple to add these terrain items to my collection.

And, too revisit the brain-in-a-jar idea, now I have an option:
Zophiel

Postby Tas » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:36 am

Tas

Postby Zophiel » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:06 pm

For my Pulp fascinationg, I bought 1/300 scale versions of these at Historicon:

3 of , and
6 of .

For other things Pulpish, I was able to get 44 Chinese Boxers in 28mm scale. This group was at about 25% the usually price of such miniatures but I have no way to know who the manufacturer was. As this significantly decreases the likelihood of finding more of these particular Boxers, they may find service as a special Guard.

Most of the rest of my purchases were terrain and special effects bits. As near as I could determine, there were NO 1/1200 scale bits at the entire Historicon site.
Zophiel

Postby Zophiel » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:19 am

Okay, this is a little odd. I just went to the Historicon website to see what the them for next year is.

And then I found this.

What's odd about this picture is that I'm in it and it has taken me this long to notice. The shot was actually taken at the 2006 convention. I'm nearly in the center of the right-hand side of the image, next to the red banner and talking with a bald man in a blue shirt.
Zophiel

Postby Tas » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:30 pm

Are you talking to Nic of Eureka miniatures? :wink:
Tas

Next

Return to General