[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - Other obsessions...

Other obsessions...

General discussion about ... well, anything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums !

Postby Zophiel » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:27 am

Mens regnum bona possidet
Zophiel

Postby Tas » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:29 am

Tas

Postby Zophiel » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:52 am

For some time now, I've been pondering a 28mm scale Nautilus (of Vingt Mille Lieues sous les Mers fame). While the actual sub may take some time more, I've ordered the crew from no less than five manufacturers:

From Wargames Foundry:

From Perry Brothers:
(mainly for the third man in the photo)

From Copplestone Castings:

From The London War Room:

From Artizan Designs:
Zophiel

Postby Zophiel » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:13 am

At Historicon, I happened to meet the man behind Bronze Age Miniatures. I mentioned that I'd like to see a unit of soldiers like this one:

Far be it from me to claim responsibility for things I've not, in fact, done - but it may just be possible that I inspired the Martians warriors seen here:

If I am the indirect reason these new figures exist, I suspect I'll have to order a few.

In other news, my wife and I have finally managed to get a new computer and our budget to agree. One of the software packages we ordered was a CAD program - a rare find for Mac users, I assure you. Guess what I'll be doing with that...

This is my 300th post, for the record.
Zophiel

Postby Zophiel » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:44 am

Okay, maybe this is spammy but I can't sleep and I just had this idea...

Have you ever been so certain someone or some team you were supporting would win you were doing the For The Win dance...

Only to have it change to the What The F--k shuffle?

Zophiel

Postby Tas » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:38 pm

Tas
Captain 'Nefarious!

My VSF Blog:
My General gaming Blog:
Tas

Postby Zophiel » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:33 am

My Nemo quest continues. All the figures above have arrived.

The blueprints (exterior only, it would seem):

Just won them on eBay.

The old Comet miniature, of which I have one, recently sold for $36.67 (US) with $10 for shipping costs. I've had the Comet miniature for quite a long time but never painted. I suppose I'll have to do something about that soon.
Zophiel

Previous

Return to General