[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - The Scrapyard...

The Scrapyard...

General discussion about ... well, anything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums !

The Scrapyard...

Postby Zophiel » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:22 am

This topic is intended as a set of unusual scratch-building links. I'm putting it in General as it may prove to be of use to all-things-Brigade. Having said that, I'm sure it will be no surprise that I'm aiming the first post at Aeronef.

For Dig and Nef gantry towers, have you considered LEGO? I'm not the expert builder with them that I once was, but this should be a start (once you stop laughing):

Part #2580c01, 2 x 2 x 5 Lattice Pillar Support (Complete Assembly)

Part #2681, 6 x 6 x 10 Stanchion Support

Part #3144, Antenna with Side Spokes

And almost without need of modification, here's a Martian Nef:
Mens regnum bona possidet
Zophiel

Postby Komadore Koltsov » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:46 am

Komadore Koltsov

Postby Zophiel » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:07 am

So, I'm doing a few buildings for a "Tesla Academy" and thought I might buy some electric insulators in white metal or resin. I was quite literally about to click on a Complete-the-Order button when I thought about what I wanted to build and what I wanted to pay.

I do not mean to criticize the makers of fine resin kits or white metal bits but all of their offerings are PRIC€Y. The more I looked at the insulators (online and url), the more I came to realize that most of the representation could be achieved by stringing buttons of two different colors and two different diameters on a wire or two. Then it's just a matter of sculpting a top and base.
Zophiel

Postby Zophiel » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:45 pm

Making a settlement:

Mix up water, sugar, and water-based paint (of the prevailing color you want your settlement to be). The proportions should be about the same as coffee, sweetener, and cream used in a drink. Pour the mixture into a low, disposable ash tray or the very bottom of a soda can. Allow to air-dry.

The sugar will form crystals and bind with the paint. This will crack and separate into 'roads' as it dries and roughly conform to the shape of the ash tray. Before trimming away the equivalent of 'flash' from the ash tray, give you dry settlement a coat or three of flat, clear sealant.

Trim and paint to suit.
Zophiel

Postby Tas » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:52 pm

Tas
Captain 'Nefarious!

My VSF Blog:
My General gaming Blog:
Tas

Postby Zophiel » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:29 am

Missiles, rockets, and bombs in 1/32 and 1/48 scale might make good generic Dig. Similar items along with launchers in 1/18 (G.I.JOE size) could add greebles to other Aeronef projects - such as a 28mm diorama/patrol nef.

Most such items are in the $1 neighborhood on eBay.
Zophiel

Postby Stoneworks » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:52 pm

Tattooed for Life!
Stoneworks

Postby Zophiel » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:12 am

Zophiel

Postby Zophiel » Sun May 16, 2010 4:18 am

This one isn't about a cheap bit for models. Rather, search for 'telescoping back scratcher' and imagine pushing models about with one. This assumes, of course, that the models in question aren't heavy enough to collapse the telescoping bits.
Zophiel

Postby Zophiel » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:08 pm

Not so much scrapyard but non-Nef scale.

1/43 sized and found on eBay. I apolgize to anyone from here if you were among the other bidders.
Zophiel

Postby Silveroak2 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:04 am

I thought those of you who enjoy Aeronef may like this,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/legoland_b ... 374566429/

I just wonder how long it took the builder to create Hyperion?
Silveroak2

Postby Zophiel » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:26 am

Wow! That's an awful lot of LEGO.
Zophiel

Postby Zophiel » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:25 pm

Following up on the Steam Coach I bought, I have found this:

I won't be bidding but it is roughly proportionate to 28mm gaming figures.
Zophiel

Return to General