[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - While Germy's on a roll with the 6mm sci-fi stuff

While Germy's on a roll with the 6mm sci-fi stuff

General discussion about ... well, anything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums !

While Germy's on a roll with the 6mm sci-fi stuff

Postby Rhoderic » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:22 am

I'm loving the new power armoured troopers, and can't wait for when they're released.

I was wondering, though, is there any chance Brigade could commission some small 4- or 6-legged mech / combat drone type figures? Think Tachikoma, all sleek and futuristic, like. There's quite a lot of figures like this for other scales, but I've seen nothing like it for 6mm (to clarify, when I say "small", I mean something considerably smaller than, say, a tank).

If this suggestion sounds a little random, it's because the moment I saw those power armour figures, I started thinking of doing a 6mm bug hunt / tunnel crawl game using Cimexians as enemies. Sort of a Space Hulk type thing, but with groups of, maybe, 3 human-sized figures per base instead of individual figures. Some quadruped bots would be excellent for that purpose (obviously, tanks wouldn't fit). It also seems like a project that'd be right up Germy's alley.

Here are some of those other miniatures, to give a better idea of the sort of thing I mean:

http://www.rafm.com/Merchant2/merchant. ... ode=USXMin

http://www.rafm.com/Merchant2/merchant. ... ode=USXMin

http://www.corvusbelli.com/en/02_tienda ... OTICIA=325

http://www.corvusbelli.com/en/02_tienda ... OTICIA=321

http://www.corvusbelli.com/en/02_tienda ... OTICIA=395

http://www.corvusbelli.com/en/02_tienda ... OTICIA=369

http://www.corvusbelli.com/en/02_tienda ... OTICIA=524

http://www.gtns.co.uk/store1/commerce.c ... on&next=20 (scroll down)

http://www.gtns.co.uk/store1/commerce.c ... on&next=60 (scroll down)

http://www.dp9.com/index.php?option=com ... &Itemid=53

http://store.dp9.com/index.php?cPath=64_63
Rhoderic

Postby Germ » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:01 pm

I'll add it to the list of projects :wink:
But since I'm only managing to sculpt about 2-3 things a year, you might have to wait :?

Just out of interest would you see the size of the drone walker as bigger than the power armoured trooper or something that looked like a big dog next to them?

Cheers

Germy
Germ

Postby Rhoderic » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:37 pm

I was thinking slightly bigger than a power armoured trooper, but not much. The dog-sized one is a cool idea as well, though.

Glad to hear it's being considered, even if it's "only" being included in a backlog :)

BTW, there is admittedly one miniature I've found that "kind of" fits the general description I gave, namely the small Steampunk Arachnid from Wyrd (). With the chimney removed and possibly replaced with a gun turret, I think it'd look perfectly futuristic. But it's a little on the large side (going by memory - I have some packed away somewhere, but finding them would be a major project right now) and the spider-like look gives it an air of sophisticated wickedness that, although perfect for "Dark Elves in Space" or something such, does not in my opinion really jive with human military types as represented by your power armour troopers. I'm imagining something a bit more utilitarian. Of the figures I linked to in my first post, my favorites are the Heavy Gear Caprice Combat Mounts (the last link). The Bashan Mounts in particular are cool ().

Anyway, thanks for hearing me out, whatever the outcome.
Rhoderic

Postby Erik M » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:09 pm

The alien part of "Iron Cow" is a bit sketchy. The bugs are here, but not the "aliens" (Yenpalo). Them would be lovely to get thou! :P
Erik M

Postby Rhoderic » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:29 pm

Not being sure if quadruped infantry walkers/drones fit into the Iron Cow setting (in either fluff or visual style) was why I opted to put this under General discussion, despite the obvious cross-over potential. My (perhaps mistaken) impression was always that the Cimexians weren't strictly part of Iron Cow either.

I won't object to this thread being moved, if it's more at home in the Iron Cow sub-forums.
Rhoderic

Postby Erik M » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:28 pm

No trouble on my behalf. :lol:

IC and aliens just... isn't. Even if there's two fleets to support them.
Erik M

Postby Brigadier Tony » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:38 pm

The Cimexians are part of IC - they're even in the rulebook ! The Yenpalo aren't officially in there, the fleet just grew out of some random spaceship models Phil made one day. I have some neat ideas for Yenpalo ground forces but I'm suffering from too many ideas and too little time right now.

On the main topic, the 6mm mini-walkers idea is interesting. I might have a go myself if Germy is busy (not that I have copious free time either ...).
Brigadier Tony

Postby Failure16 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:12 am

Failure16

Postby Brigadier Tony » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:43 am

Brigadier Tony

Return to General