Brigade Models - Brigadier Programme

News about shows we'll be visiting, special offers, new releases etc.

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Brigade Models - Brigadier Programme

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:18 pm

We are thinking of using our customers to help us promote our games at shows and clubs we cannot get to; you know run demo/participation games and so on.

Reward will be by vouchers for our products etc.(you won't get rich doing this.. :? ) and there will be the usual restrictions on attacking thepublic, swearing & drinking etc. ( hint these are not a requirement......... :oops: )

Anyway, the scheme will cover the whole of our range of products and we are happy for applicants from any part of this world :D

Would you be interested?

Either reply here or pm me

cheers

steve

Postby Jubilee » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:44 pm

Will you do a voucher-per-show/demo?

What kind of proof of running demos will you require?

Would demos afternoons at a local game store also count?

Do you think you might get a US Distribution deal soon, so demos here are realistic? I know from experience it's hard to generate interest in a product or game that is difficult to get!

Do you require a certain points of a painted force to be considered for the program?
Jubilee

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:53 pm

voucher per show - yup something like that

proof - pics, email from shop owner. Not everytime, we'd contact randomly

FLGS - you bet

We don't like distributors...I won't go into too many details. We prefer to deal direct as its a better deal for all. One less mouth taking a bite. Difficult to get? Why? We can and do ship to US pdq so retailers can get stock real quick from us.

Having said that we are only just sourcing stockists, but doing demos would be as much to recruit stockists as players. If you landed a stockist the rewards would be a bit more, em generous... :P

I think 2 decent forces that has grunts , heroes, cavalry should be enough. say 20 figs a side max

Steve

Postby artshiraz » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:09 pm

Greetings

Steve... you got mail. :wink: Though I wrote before I saw this thread here.

Hopefully there are ideas in there you might been interested in.
If I wouldn't like it I wouldn't be here
Turns out that I like it so that's why I'm here :)
artshiraz

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:40 pm

indeed... 8)

Postby mardaddy » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:03 am

Steve -

Speaking from experience here also: There are store owners that will refuse to carry the line if they must buy direct, and will only carry it if you get a distributor.

In another (related) game system (sci-fi, I'm sure you can guess it), I've recuited a dozen weekly regular players/potential customers, and despite this, the LGS owner refuses to carry the line unless/until a US distributor is landed.

It relates to minimum order requirements to get decent shipping rates that will not cut into margins enough to make the effort worth it, as well as contracting over minimum stock levels of current and new release product that the mfgr's wanted the seller to agree to.

Not sure of how much of that does/would/may not apply in your case, but is everyone (the mfgr, the player, the potential recruits, and the LGS) just plain out of luck in a case like this?
An armed society is a polite society.
mardaddy

Postby Brigadier Tony » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:22 pm

Thanks for the tips, Mardaddy; however, we'd argue that the stores could buy our products cheaper from us directly than if there was a distributor involved.

I know of another UK manufacturer that pulled out of his US distribution deal because he felt that he would be better off selling a smaller amount directly rather than having to suffer the much lower margins involved in selling via a distributor. So far it's working for him.
Brigadier Tony

Return to Shows and Conventions