Historicon, etc.…

News about shows we'll be visiting, special offers, new releases etc.

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Historicon, etc.…

Postby Zophiel » Mon May 15, 2006 1:49 pm

While I am certain it is too late to request a Brigade Models landing at this year's Historicon, I do wonder what the chances of ever seeing you at an American wargaming convention would might be.

As it turns out, I am somewhat well connected with the Philadelphia-area convention planners and they may be aware of some tricks that could make the trip more affordable. I'd have to ask around.

And for something (like the opportunity to design the first true Anarchist nef) I could be persuaded to turn part of my house into a bed and breakfast. That would remove the food and hotel part of the equation.

Please give this some thought.
Mens regnum bona possidet
Zophiel

Postby Brigadier Tony » Thu May 18, 2006 7:21 pm

A US convention would be a major logistical issue for us - notwithstanding your very kind offer of accomodation. The primary problem would actually be getting sufficient stock into the US. Our trade stand currently fills Steve's shop van to the roof so we have quite a bit of weight to ship (and that's without getting Steve into an economy class seat :wink: ).

What's more likely is that we'd be represented at conventions by someone US-based who carries our stuff and maybe, one day when we're all hyper-rich, we'll be able to fly over to join them. It's a great idea but for the moment we're probably confined to one-day jaunts to European events.
Brigadier Tony

Postby Zophiel » Thu May 18, 2006 8:01 pm

Well, I can say from — personal experience and a growing number of irl conversations — that US Brigade fans are an ever-expanding faction. I hope the sales reflect that.
Zophiel

Postby Brigadier Tony » Fri May 19, 2006 5:03 pm

Sales have certainly picked up in the last 12 months or so - acquiring Celtos gave us quite a bit of exposure, although oddly enough, it's 'Nef and the Starmada range that have picked up the most.
Brigadier Tony

Postby Zophiel » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:12 am

Historicon was my first wargame-related convention. I was very surprised by how well organized and attended this event was. I did not take any Aeronef with me, as I'm not an expert at the game and did not wish to misrepresent it — but I was pleasantly surprised to see the game being played at one of the Historicon tables.

I'm particularly sorry now because I forgot my camera.
Zophiel

Postby Zophiel » Mon May 28, 2007 11:47 pm

While I'm sure the logistical considerations have not changed, I wonder if you'd like to mail me a package of catalogs/brochures to take with me this year for Historicon.
Zophiel

Postby Brigadier Tony » Tue May 29, 2007 7:08 am

I wonder if you'd like to mail me a package of catalogs/brochures to take with me this year for Historicon.

Now that is something that can be arranged - especially as we have a bunch of catalogues left over from Salute ... we'll sort something out.
Brigadier Tony

Return to Shows and Conventions