SELWG '07 Cancellation.

News about shows we'll be visiting, special offers, new releases etc.

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

SELWG '07 Cancellation.

Postby Hawkeye » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:41 am

Now that SELWG has been officially confirmed as cancelled is there any chance that Brigade will be attending any other show in its stead? (Warfare would be nice :wink: )
If not then I guess I'll just have to warm up the Paypal account.
At any time, at any place, our snipers can drop you. Have a nice day.
Hawkeye

Postby Brigadier Tony » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:27 am

We're rather gutted about SELWG - we had a good show there last year and we had a number of new releases lined up for this time.

If Warfare was a 1-day show then we probably would - unfortunately we're not really geared up for 2-day events (hence no Warfare and no Colours either). I did have a look through the remaining shows for this year and I can't really see anything that we'll be able to get to instead, apart obviously from our Belgian outing at Crisis. So I guess it'll just have to be mail order instead ...
Brigadier Tony

Postby Zophiel » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:11 am

What does this do for the release schedule for such things as LI and at least one Turkish item?
Mens regnum bona possidet
Zophiel

Postby Brigadier Tony » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:27 am

We'll be going ahead with releases pretty much as planned (although given that we've never issued any sort or release schedule, who's to say what the plan is anyway ... ?).

What's likely is that instead of releasing loads of stuff at one go, we'll stagger releases into smaller weekly or fortnightly batches. So one week we'll release British and German LI, Martians a week or two later, then maybe a batch of spaceships, Nef, 6mm etc. There's enough stuff in the pipeline to keep us going for a while at that rate.
Brigadier Tony

Postby Tas » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:25 pm

I welcome any and all releases...I think thats been made clear over the years!

However, I personally prefer waves of releases every few months rather than a fortnightly schedule. This is because it is easier to get them in one hit and sent overseas in one parcel rather than in multiples. I know I'm paying postage by % so it shouldnt matter, but thats my 2cents worth

Well either way, I look forward to having more goodies soon :D
Tas
Captain 'Nefarious!

My VSF Blog: http://pauljamesog.blogspot.com/
My General gaming Blog: http://tasmancave.blogspot.com.au
Tas

Postby Brigadier Tony » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:40 pm

I understand your point Tas, but the big-batches-of-releases-every-few-months scenario is something we only do to coincide with UK shows and gets very wearing on Phil as far as mould-making goes. By staggering our intended releases he gets to make moulds at a slightly more leisurely pace and we have time to fix any problems before going into full production. It also makes more business sense as well (hah - as if we had any !) because our income stream is smoothed out rather than 'spiking' when new releases appear.
Brigadier Tony

Postby Tas » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:53 am

I understand Tpony, and thanks for the clarification.
At the end of the day, I applaud all releases however they get to my workbench and playing table!
Tas
Captain 'Nefarious!

My VSF Blog: http://pauljamesog.blogspot.com/
My General gaming Blog: http://tasmancave.blogspot.com.au
Tas

Postby Brigadier Tony » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:23 pm

In case anyone's missed it elsewhere on this forum, we're having a 'SELWG-is-cancelled' postage offer. Basically it's 10% off our normal postage rates, so UK customers (who are most affected by this) can order post free for the next week. EU customers will find their rate reduced from 15% to 5%, and the rest of the world from 20% to 10%.

We could have done without the UK Royal Mail workers going out on strike right now, which will potentially hold orders up for a few days however ... :?
Brigadier Tony

Postby Hawkeye » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:00 pm

One (smallish :( )order on its way! That was an offer I couldn't refuse.
At any time, at any place, our snipers can drop you. Have a nice day.
Hawkeye

Return to Shows and Conventions