Tell me

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Tell me

Postby razielpawel » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:28 pm

I've been looking at celtos for a long time now, You've got a great range of figures, but because of the rule set and rummors around I am not shure if it is wise to start it, also looking at your forum, I had a feeling nobody cares about this range anymore. After a year, nothing changed !!!

And here is the question... Are you gonna support this game?!

Seriously, be honest. because as it is now, its not very attractive. I think you could kickstart it if you need money to push things forward, spread the word, check beasts of war they like to talk about new things.

What a waste of a great talent :cry:
You could make this game a gem. there is not much competition in fantasy genre
razielpawel

Postby kendrick72 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:30 am

I feel ya, brother! I've often wondered the same thing. I finally decided that I would go ahead and play it anyway, and if brigade wasn't going to update anything, that we would simply make house rules to make it more fun. But it's definitely aggravating to watch this game fall to the wayside,while their other games get updates. It may fall to the fans to make the changes,and indeed Celtoslegion has already made some nice ones on this very forum.
kendrick72

Postby Brigadier Tony » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:56 am

I understand the comments guys, having been in possession of Celtos for a long time now it would seem that we haven't done a great deal with it. There are lots of reasons for this, one of which is that we greatly underestimated the amount of work required to develop a game such as Celtos to the standard required. Being part-timers with day jobs we have found it difficult to put enough time in to get the work done, especially alongside all our other ranges.

Another issue has been that both Phil and I are model-makers, rather than sculptors - we can make tanks, spaceships, Aeronef etc, but we can't sculpt figures, not to the standards of the Celtos range. So any new figures are going to have to be done by third-party sculptors, with all the time and cost implications.

Stuff is going on behind the scenes however - we've recruited some help for the rules, in fact we've pretty much handed over development and the work that is going on is very encouraging, although we aren't yet in a position to give much away.

We are also on the lookout for sculptors that can work in the style of the existing Celtos models. We've had one or two new sculpts done as test pieces, again we're not ready to show them off yet but they look promising.

So things are happening, but slowly - we certainly do care about the range, it won't be allowed to die away.
Brigadier Tony

Postby razielpawel » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:36 am

razielpawel

Postby durulz » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:59 am

I have a good idea for a game.
If only I could find some way of kickstarting it. That's all it needs - a simple kickstart to kickstart it.
If only someone could create a website to help kickstart new games. It'd need a name as well...hmmm...a website to kickstart new ideas...what could we call it..?
durulz

Return to Celtos General