Celtos in 2014

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Celtos in 2014

Postby Lost Egg » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:42 pm

Hi Brigade,

well it's 2014 now and that question comes to mind again...any news on Celtos? Anything we might be seeing this year even if its just a rough beta ruleset?

Cheers
Lost Egg

Re: Celtos in 2014

Postby Lowtardog » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:37 pm

I`d be interested too, back to painting up my Firbolg and in lieu of the rules playing around with the characters etc for the Osprey Of Gods and Mortals whihc transfer themselves quite well to get those firbolg on the field :D
Lowtardog

Postby Lost Egg » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:29 pm

Sounds good, I was interested by Of Gods & Mortals but its based on Song of Blades ruleset and that just doesn't appeal. I had thought that Celtos could be played using LOTR SBG or Saga without too much difficulty.
Lost Egg

Postby Lost Egg » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:19 am

Went to Salute on Sat and chatted to one of the Brigade guys about Celtos. The plan for this year is to, hopefully, release a public beta for playtesting.

Apparently there are a load of minis in development to fill-in the gaps in the ranges.

Also, a good game has around 8 units of 10 or so minis.

Thought some of you might be interested to hear, I'm sure Brigade will correct me if my memory has got carried away with itself.
Lost Egg

Postby Paboook » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:44 am

Good to know something is still going to happen :) I would appreciate more detail and frequent information on the BM blog. The last update on new rules is from August, the previous one was in February 2013!

I hope the rules will be interesting and balanced, but the slow process of testing makes me kind of nervous. I am wondering if BM considered hiring a professional game designer as a consultant for Celtos. There are many good wargaming systems these days and Celtos rules have to be really good to became success.
Paboook

Return to Celtos General