New to Celtos. Standard issue questions.

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

New to Celtos. Standard issue questions.

Postby justsumguy » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:46 pm

Ok so im new here but recognise some people from the FOD. Celtos looks cool and has some nice background (loving the Slaine image) so i think ill give it a shot. From what ive gathered new army books are on the way and theres no lead in the models (thank god).

The questions i still have are.

* How many minis do you need? I assume you can have few or loads depending on points but just a rough number to get me going.

* What happened to that bloke on the stag? Cant find him in the store, or am i thinking of somthing completely different. Anyway...

* How do Celtos minis stack up to hasslefree minis size wise? I know Kev sculpts some Celtos stuff as well as some Celtosy hasslefree stuff but are they the same size?

Ta in advance.
justsumguy

Postby Brigadier Tony » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:52 pm

Welcome aboard !

Celtos scales quite nicely from skirmishes up to reasonably big battles. The starter pack we sell has (I think) 8 figures per side (at a very reasonable price :D ) which gives you an idea of where to start. I guess a reasonable force to get going would be in the 10-20 region depending on how many heroes and grunts you have.

The bloke on the stag ? Do you mean http://www.brigademodels.co.uk/Frames/CLT/Items/CLT-303.html ?

Celtos and Hasslefree are pretty well matched size-wise. As you know, Kev sculpted a lot of the original figures and has done the first of our new Vanir - and we fervently hope he'll find time to do more for us.

Tony
Brigadier Tony

Postby Ben Brownlie » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:51 am

@Justsumguy - My demo forces were always 2 equally matched Gael forces each of 2 units of 6 Bondsmen and a level 1 Hero. It was just for basics and I'd proxy one unit each for staff slingers to get the missile fire mechanics going

Really I would reckon on a minimum of 20 ish minis a side for an engaging game, though you can work with fewer models within a scouting type scenario

As for the stag riding bloke, unless you meant the King of the Wild, then you must be confusing it with one of the old Chronopia models from Target days with a druid riding a stag
Badger Loving Flufster
Ben Brownlie

Postby justsumguy » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:04 am

Cheers for the response guys.

Im thinking of starting Fir bolg or Formorians, those new Vanir are looking tasty though. Anyone know which army book is out next? I know their still away off but itd be nice to know.

Yeah i was thinking of Chronopia, my bad.
justsumguy

Postby Brigadier Tony » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:04 pm

The rules are currently being tidied up for a reprint sometime next year. They should include army lists for all five forces in the rules - we're moving away from the idea of seperate army books for each race. At the moment the Vanir are going to get most attention in terms of new models, simply because there are so few of them right now. However, this doesn't mean that the other races won't get new models too.
Brigadier Tony

Postby mad mcgobbo » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:23 am

*chants*
More Fomors!
More Fomors!
More Fomors!
More Fomors!
More Fomors!
*shuts up*
mad mcgobbo

Postby Brigadier Tony » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:48 pm

More Fomors!