State of Celtos

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

State of Celtos

Postby David14 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:41 pm

Just wanted to know what is going on with Celtos. I love the miniatures and have just ordered the large Gael army. Are we going to see new rules and miniatures and can you use the main rule book and play a balanced game with all factions
David14

Re: State of Celtos

Postby Ben Brownlie » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:31 am

David14 wrote:Are we going to see new rules

Can't say much, I'll leave that one to Steve ;)

and miniatures

Definitely yes. There are some beauts coming your way

and can you use the main rule book and play a balanced game with all factions

Yes
Badger Loving Flufster
Ben Brownlie

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:10 pm

Hi David, and welcome :D

I shall be posting a celtos announcement in the next day or so on here, so your timing is immaculate. 8)

cheers

Steve

ps packed your order today so should be with you soon, it will be in 2 packs though to keep the cost down

Postby David14 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:35 pm

Thanks you both,

Looking forward to the new miniatures and announcement.

David
David14

Postby Dreadaxe » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:49 pm

Reaver Steve wrote:I shall be posting a celtos announcement in the next day or so on here, so your timing is immaculate. 8)

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:10 pm

Today Mars 18, 2007 ;)
next day want say next week or month ?
Dreadaxe

Updates

Postby manic _miner » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:08 pm

Are the updates coming soon.As I would love to know what is happening with the Celtos game and any new miniatures that will be coming out too.
The Vanir Standard is great by the way,mark has done a cracking job with him.Do you have a release date for him?
manic _miner

Postby joshuaslater » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:28 pm

Well I can only address what I'm seeing Stateside. Celtos is in the 75% off bin at game stores and conventions. Most retailers were burned by it and are unloading their stock. I recently purchased a ton of models this way, and before that, whole armies on ebay at great pricing.

I've ordered from Brigade, to get the models I want, and will order to get the new releases and models that were limited release before, and unavailable here in the U.S. I want Brigade to succeed, and have ordered from them, but you can't argue with 75% off.

A relaunch in the States will be a Herculean task. Brigade finds itself in a similar situation to the now defunct Excelsior Entertainment, makers of Chronopia 2nd edition and Ultimate Warzone 3rd edition, sans the licensing baggage. The baggage Brigade faces is getting people to play the game, and that will be contingent upon the rulebook coming out, and a revamping of the SKU's and packaging to be more attractive to retailers, as it's a sizable line of models!! Enough retailers have been burned, just like when Target went under, making the next company to pick up the game have an uphill battle.

I think Celtos can be relaunched, if Brigade concentrates on the new sculpts and the book. Too much I-Kore stock is floating around here at rock bottom prices to think about turning a profit on the older releases.

One advantage Brigade has is that I've never seen a game of Celtos actually played here, by anyone I know, at a store, or at a gaming convention. If the book is presented better than the I-Kore version, and all the armies have the models, they've a chance at grabbing gamers. Most of us have a ton of Celtos models and can easily field something with just a little more cash for the new stuff. That's both good and bad.

I hope Brigade considers other systems that want to utilize their sculpts and fluff for alternate rulebooks. It wouldn't hurt to have gamers over here playing with Brigade's models by other rulesets.

What's the situation in Europe and the rest of the world?
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter Smile Kindly Upon You.
joshuaslater

Postby celtoslegion » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:46 pm

joshuaslater wrote:What's the situation in Europe and the rest of the world?

Pretty much the same here in Germany. Except, that most I-Kore stock has already been moved off the shelves, so you rarely see the blisters in shops anymore and Celtos miniatures are also rarely seen on German eBay.

We had an active community of Void and Celtos players on conventions and also in stores, but with the long period of uncertanty, most players put away their models and drifted to other games (Warmachine in most cases)

However, with a relaunch of a revised ruleset, most of the former players will remember the game and can be re-activated IMO.

Since most shops that carried the line lost money with it, a good way to re-build trust in the system would be to tour the conventions with a real good demo table.
celtoslegion

Postby joshuaslater » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:33 pm

I'm betting the guys at Brigade know all this already, and are taking into account that the new models and book are a possible way of getting people back into the game.

I've put out some feelers to them regarding another game engine that could be made available as an offshoot. Gamers could buy the models from Brigade, buy Brigade's rulebook, and if you like, check out another book with an alternate set of rules for their models. I don't know if they will consider having two rulesets for the same line of miniatures sheer folly, or might see how that rolls.

Cheers.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter Smile Kindly Upon You.
joshuaslater

Updates

Postby manic _miner » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:44 pm

Steve any chance of a few updates or a bit gossip for us.
manic _miner

Celtos

Postby manic _miner » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:33 pm

Just looking for some info on how the game is coming along?
The new undead musician is cool,what other miniatures have you got to release?
Will you be selling new stuff at Salute?
manic _miner

Celtos

Postby manic _miner » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:13 pm

Thanks for the update guys.The skellies look great.When will they be out?
manic _miner

Postby Brigadier Tony » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:26 pm

We might have some pre-release skellies at Salute - depends on how things go. Proper release shouldn't be too long after
Brigadier Tony

Return to Celtos General