modifying warhammer

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

modifying warhammer

Postby shadowdragon » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:01 pm

With Celtos out of production for the time being I'm been forced to play warhammer with the local gamers. I really like how Celtos is basically a "fixed" version of warhammer, and I don't think it would be too hard to use some of the celtos rules in warhammer games. Has anyone tried this? The main changes I want to use are the new task resolution table and having armour add to Toughness. If I use the Celtos task resolution table will I have to modify the stats for everything, maybe increase WS, BS, S, and T by 1? Or can the stats be used as they are? Also, with all the things that add to armour in warhammer, will everything become too tough to hurt? Heavy armour, shield, mounted, and barding would give a +5 bonus to toughness. If anyone else has used Celtos to modify warhammer, how did you do it? What did you modify and what did you leave alone?
shadowdragon

Postby celtoslegion » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:25 pm

took it the easy way and used Celtos models for a Warhammer game...

The major difference is the use of D10 in Celtos and D6 in WH.

I think, you can keep the Celtos stat line and adjust for the difference in dice.

For example a WS of 4 in Celtos means, you'll hit on 6+ or 50% on average.
IIRC this would translate into a WS of 3 in WH.

This approach should roughly work out the same way with the other stats.

Another approach would be to look at the units and find close proxies in the warhammer universe. A Sidhe force could be a mix of Wood Elf, High Elf and Dark Elf units for example.

No matter what, to make it work you need a few test games and IMO a pretty relaxed attitude toward the game. Powergamers and people who place winning over a fun game will spoil your experiments quite easily.
Anyway, please share some feedback on how it worked out for you.
celtoslegion

Return to Celtos General