Hi - Intro and just the one question...

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Hi - Intro and just the one question...

Postby hairynorseman » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:02 pm

Hi there,

I'm new to Celtos. I found the site a few years ago but never really looked into the game. Recently I saw a copy of the Slaine Book of Invasions which jogged my memory so I had a butchers.

I like the sound of the game, fantasy & skirmish...awesome combo. I'm a big fan of Celtic & Norse myth so that's those two boxes ticked. Since loosing interest in Warhammer Fantasy I have been looking for a game I might get into instead, I had a look at Wargods of Aegyptus but I really wanted to find a skirmish game.

I have now ordered the starter set and am eager to have a look at the figs/book. I really hoping that Celtos will fulfill my expectations. By the sounds of it I'm turning up at a good time with the new rulebook due next year.

I reakon I will have a good look at the book and play the odd game then when my 1.5k Space Wolf army is done, I shall dive in...not sure which race yet though...

HN

Ooo...almost forgot...

* What size board do you guys normally play on with Celtos?
Err I can't think of any more questions at the mo but I'm sure I will...

:D
hairynorseman

Postby celtoslegion » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:55 am

Hello and welcome to the show.

I usually play Celtos on a 4'x4' table. This works well for 1000 points matches.
You can easily go to 3'x3' when playing in the 500 points range.
For bigger battles or when more than 2 players are involved, 4'x6' is also an alternative.

cheers
celtoslegion

Postby hairynorseman » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:36 pm

celtoslegion wrote:Hello and welcome to the show.

I usually play Celtos on a 4'x4' table. This works well for 1000 points matches.
You can easily go to 3'x3' when playing in the 500 points range.
For bigger battles or when more than 2 players are involved, 4'x6' is also an alternative.

cheers

Thanks celtoslegion!

I assumed 4x4 would be the norm. I'm awaiting the rulebook so was just wondering roughly how many figs you would get for 500 & 1000 points?

Cheers

HN
hairynorseman

Postby celtoslegion » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:26 pm

A normal foot soldier is about 15 to 20 points on average.
Special troops are a bit more, so you field roughly 20-30 models including heroes for 500 points.
At 1000 points, you might want to get more of the expensive troops (Archers, Cavalry etc.), so I'd say you usually wouldn't field more than 50 models (provided of course, you don't go all the way to an All-Zombie army)
celtoslegion

Return to Celtos General