Celtos in 2010?

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Celtos in 2010?

Postby hairynorseman » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:50 pm

Hi guys,

I was wondering if we are going to be seeing anything new for Celtos either by the end of this year or into the next?

In the development thread (which seems to have died off) there was a mention of some sneak peaks for this year. Well 2009 is nearly over so any chance we can see something new and shiny?

I am finally planning to start painting my Celtos figs in Jan of next year so any news about how things are progressing would be greatly appreciated.

HN

P.S. I plan to start a plog with my Celtos minis so watch this space if your interested...
hairynorseman

Postby akei » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:35 pm

Any piece of news of celtos. it's a pity games is good, fluid and simple. Even no update of the units, the characters and somes of rules. When has credit note of new figurine, I think that there is no hope!! :evil:

For me, it is only games medieval fantastic very dynamic. It does not miss much to give it a second breath, some regulations on rules, some figurines...Why not???
akei

Postby Guest » Tue May 04, 2010 3:15 pm

Hi Guys

Unfortunately for Celtos it has been down on our list of things to do primarily because my real-life business has had a stinking time in this recession.

However....

We hadmade quite a lot of progress behind the scenes in developing the races to provide some differential between them other than look; and we had also progressed some minor rule modifcations that needed to happen.

The races have been re-fluffed along the following lines:

Fomorian
Introduction of 'horde' unit type for orcs to give them a wild uncontrollable mass of orcs as their main warband.

Sidhe
Development in to a more regimented race loosely based upon ancient roman/alexandrian army structure. This includes development of a phalanx unit with some figure work developed/comissioned

Fir Bolg
Use of regeneration of units and other spiritual abilities

Gael
not much change tbh

Vanir
Development of more harder foot troops and cavalry, leaning towards a bigger skirmishing capability and a core of saxonesque hard boys.

As I said a lot has been done on this so it is down to me to push on finishing and getting it out there.

I would hope to have something more concrete in

6 months

There, said it so now I have to do it.

Cheers

Steve

Postby akei » Wed May 05, 2010 8:45 pm

And indeed here are news!

Thank you for the precision for the development of every race. Now that we have a date of project it is cooler to wait...

A question louse Vanirs (one of my 3 armies): on what type(chap) of frame would he(it) be? Wolf? Bear? Pig? Wild boar?
akei

Postby Guest » Wed May 19, 2010 7:39 pm

maybe one of those :lol:

Postby Uncletrunx » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:23 pm

Hi Guys,

New user here, forgive me for just jumping into an active discussion:
I've had quite a few Celtos models for a while but have recently invested in the game and am thoroughly enjoying the whole setting. It's got a great atmosphere to it.

I'm keen to know what updates are planned for the rest of this year; any news?

Thanks,
UT
Uncletrunx

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:23 pm

Hi noob...

Not much to add to my May post above but I have moved things on a fair bit.

Keep and eye out here and you should see some more info in the next couple of months.

Cheers

Steve

Postby Uncletrunx » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:35 am

Thank'ee boss.

*tugs forelock*
Uncletrunx

Return to Celtos General