[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - new rules?

new rules?

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Postby Thomasius » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:26 pm

I don't know if the magic system as a whole needs to be redone, but some rites must be revised for sure.

About the size of the game/armies: I think the size as it is now is okay. I don't want Celtos to become a massed combat system. (I personally wouldn't do massed combats in 28 mm.)
Thomasius

Postby Saramin » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:51 pm

actually I think it should be a bit msaller maybe, but that is me...

oh and I think the magic system does need to be redone. the rights and not really unusable but i am not fond of it.
Saramin

Postby celtoslegion » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:16 pm

a smaller game is fine with me.

the magic system needs a review - I was never too happy with the linking to cd for spellcasting.

BTW: Has anybody had any contact to Steve recently?
He hasn't posted here very much lately. It would really be a step forward if he does some comments, of where he wants to take Celtos...
celtoslegion

Postby Brigadier Tony » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:50 pm

Steve is about, but busy. As you may all be aware, the three of us all run Brigade in a part-time capacity currently and Steve has just started a new job (a new business in fact) so he's currently very snowed under with other things as you can imagine !

I'm sure he'll be back posting very soon - in the mean time, rest assured that we are taking notice of everything that's being said.
Brigadier Tony

Postby celtoslegion » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:26 pm

Thanks for the update :D
celtoslegion

Postby Saramin » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:18 pm

well Celtosleigon we seem to be on teh same page...

and I am sure Steve has been very busy, but I also understand that we are all mildly impatient to see forward progress

:)
Saramin

Postby CmdrKiley » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:44 pm

Back in my day we didn't have that fancy non-toxic pewter stuff. We played with lead. LEAD I TELL YA! and we liked it.
CmdrKiley

Any more Rules??

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:50 pm

Thought I'd have a squizz on here and see what is to be found.
A little disappointed to learn only the two Rules books I have (main and Gael) have been released. These I got just the other day at a gaming convention at Crystal Palace...has had a real impact on my interest in this game.

Fairly new to the Celtos scene and like some on here bought a few figures as liked the style of the figures and now I have the Rules books (which I feel are good and very enlightening) keen to see more.

I have shown this to a few other gaming buddies and they too have shown an interest. Releasing/creating the other races books will help this game, it seems, no end!!

Would like to see, as many if I've read the general gist of comments right, a little energy put into this game and the development of the Celtos world.

Well eagerly awaiting updates!!

Cheers.

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:46 pm

well thanks

we certainly will be putting some humph into the game

The current 'projects' for us on celtos are:

1 new releases - still waiting on UM for some tins - :x
2 comission some new models - we are looking at vanir and some more dogs variants for the Lord of the Hunt model
3 Rule variations - I have a play test group working through some adj as we speak
4 Stats for all models - not obligatory but useful I think - that's with me
5 Re packaging the models so we can sell to retailers - vital for funding the expansion

notable abscence of rule books :shock:

well my view is that some rule adj is all that is required, and th epoll sort of supports that, if you squint :lol:

We also want to produce some supplements. the idea of these is that they would focus on a particular period in the celtos timeline, and would involve chronicling some clash of arms between 2 races. There would some specific 'army book' type info as well. It is proposed that we do this instead of issuing army books going forward. This will be a bit longer - next summer I should think.

So, a lot of plans and a bit of action. A lot more to come.

Steve

Postby Dreadaxe » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:27 pm

Dreadaxe

Re: I'd second those replies

Postby Dreadaxe » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:37 pm

Dreadaxe

Previous

Return to Celtos Rules