[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - Nemain Swordmaiden as Sea Elf on Water Base, Finished

Nemain Swordmaiden as Sea Elf on Water Base, Finished

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Nemain Swordmaiden as Sea Elf on Water Base, Finished

Postby Jubilee » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:39 pm

I only had time to edit a few images right now.. should get some more tonight up on my webage. I'll let you all know!

/ali
Last edited by Jubilee on Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jubilee

Miniature

Postby manic _miner » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:53 pm

That is truly amazing.Love the base too.Your painting is very inspiring.
manic _miner

Postby Jubilee » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:17 am

Thanks manic_miner!

I have finished editing pictures and uploaded them to my website (careful, there's 18!)

You can also now

=)

/ali

Jubilee

Postby Ben Brownlie » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:39 am

Absolutely stunning work Ali

:D

I'd like a go at that myself sometime

You got to make sure it's right tho as it's a little difficult to rectify any mistakes once the resin goes in

Top job
Badger Loving Flufster
Ben Brownlie

Postby Germ » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:49 am

Simply brilliant 8)
Germ

Miniatures

Postby manic _miner » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:26 am

Nice web page.I love the Hasslefree and Crocodile games miniatures that you have done.Is the Warcrow miniature new as I have not seen her before.
manic _miner

Postby Jubilee » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:51 pm

The warcrow archer on my website is a few years old at least. I painted her at least a year or two ago and I'd had her a few months before that. I'm not sure I've ever seen warcrow releases get much release coverage anywhere, so it'd be pretty easy to miss some!

I think the resin on my base did not quite properly set - at one point I was holding it by the top of the water & the bottom of the base to do a touchup on the side, and I noticed a thumb print on the resin when I was done! There are dire warnings on the packaging that not mixing exact 50/50 amounts of the liquids to make the resin will result in soft or sticky castings.. :( But since it's for my personal collection anyway, I'm not too stressed about it.

I did feel pretty paranoid I would realize I had made some horrible, horrible mistake on the underwater bit once I was finished pouring the resin, but so far so good.. ;)

I also learned that its very, very hard to get a smooth layer of brush on sealer and/or black on a large, mostly flat surface. I must have painted the base with a combination of black, brush on sealer, or black mixed with brush on sealer a dozen times trying to either get it to finish evenly (the brush on sealer would be matte in some places but have a few shiney places!) and keep brush strokes from being so obvious. finally, I had to hit it with a few sprays of dullcote, and regloss the resin, which worked ALOT better than trying to brush-on seal the black. *boggle*

Oh, and one other thing I learned - after you sand the resin flat again, apply another layer of resin on one side at a time, so you can lay the base on its side so the wet side is up - when you try to do all three sides + the top at once, you end up with alot of dribbles down the side..

/ali

Jubilee

Miniatures

Postby manic _miner » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:32 pm

Just checked thier site and found her.I have some of there other miniatures.I have the Aisha one as my daughters name is the same.
manic _miner

Return to Celtos Miniatures