German ONESS Fleet

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

German ONESS Fleet

Postby Skorro » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:56 am

Finished these off recently and thought you would get a kick out of them. The two tone camo was highlighted twice to try and give each panel a bit of a fade.

I am working on a bit of a tutorial that should be posted soon on my blog, http://triplezeropainting.com

Questions and Comments are always welcome.
Skorro

Postby Brigadier Tony » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:23 am

WOW - they look absolutely incredible. They put my one-colour grey German fleet to shame !
Brigadier Tony

Postby XIII » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:34 pm

I like it !
XIII

Postby javelin98 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:02 am

Wow! Those are beauties! Did you outline every panel line by hand, or was the result of exceptionally good drybrushing?
Leo: (July 23—Aug. 22): The wheelchair and the indignity will be bad enough, but the worst part is going to be explaining to your wife exactly what you said to the genie to make him take off your legs like that.
javelin98

Postby Skorro » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:34 am

Thanks! :D

Tony, if the pictures in the store are your fleet, then I took inspiration from them.

javelin98, no dry brushing all outlining. Each panel was highlighted twice. I didn't pay too close of attention as to how long each ship took, but I think a conservative guess would say 2 hours for each capital ship. I have CDSU fleet waiting to be painted and I think I will need to find a quicker way. I plan on experimenting with drybrushing, washes, glazes and maybe one highlight and see what happens.
Skorro

Postby Skorro » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:26 pm

I posted two walkthroughs on my blog detailing the two tone camo and then the highlighting process.

http://triplezeropainting.com/2011/11/20/painting-the-oness-fleet/

http://triplezeropainting.com/2011/11/24/painting-the-oness-fleet-continued/

Tony, how is the Pommerania model coming? I would love to add a big honkin capital ship to my fleet!

Cheers,
Skorro
Skorro

Postby XIII » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:05 am

It's a simple idea !
XIII

Postby Brigadier Tony » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:19 am

how is the Pommerania model coming?

Ah yes, the Pommerania ...

You might have seen in the Design Studio that the 3D printed model had arrived:

Looks great - really detailed, true to the original model. I cleaned it up, sanded off a few rough edges and then gave it to Phil for mould-making. He put in the vulcaniser and as the plates closed he heard an almighty CRACK - the main hull had basically split in two, it couldn't take the pressure of the mould closing :(

It's not quite back to the drawing board, but I'm going to have to redesign the model a bit so that it's strong (thicker walls and some reinforcing internal buttresses) and we might consider a change of material. I might have to change the dimensions as well and make it a bit less deep (thinner in the vertical axis).
Brigadier Tony

Return to Starmada Miniatures