Firts time poster and Merry Christmas to All!

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Firts time poster and Merry Christmas to All!

Postby bigtop305 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:44 pm

Well hello there, all! first let me say it again: Merry Christmas to all!!

Next let me say that i heard about these wonderful models on another forum for a (not named) other game system. At any rate there was high praise over there for the minis here....I came, and i have been floored!! I had other plans for the minis I got from this site, at first, but the more i look at them in conjunction with what I have from that other system...the more I want TONS of these to paint, play, and display in my office! stellar work, good designs and from what I can tell a GREAT group of folks working behind the scenes! Here's hoping that i can either a.) find a good local source over here in the US. or b.) get an honest answer on what duty I will have to pay from the US Customs website (I know, good luck to me) either way I am glad to have found you and look forward to getting more inside the worlds and ships you have created!
is this thing on...?
bigtop305

Postby Brigadier Tony » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:38 pm

Welcome aboard - Merry Xmas to you to :D

Thanks for the kinds words - not too many more tho' otherwise my head won't fit back out the door !

At the moment the only way to get the spaceships is direcly from us - we have a couple of stores stocking Aeronef in the US but no-one is currently carrying the spaceships.

As for customs duty, I guess we should throw this out to the floor and ask if any of our existing customers can give you an idea. Anyone ?
Brigadier Tony

Postby bigtop305 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:26 am

Ok, I will continue to monitor this topic for posts and answers, thanks!

on another note, I have no qualms about doing business with you guys, in fact I would prefer it, if not for that customs bit to worry about I would have ordered already! :P
is this thing on...?
bigtop305

Postby Brigadier Tony » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:14 pm

I know in the UK you're more likely to get hit with larger orders from abroad - there's a limit (unofficial I think) of ~£18 before customs charges get levied. So you might find that several smaller orders are more effective in avoiding customs.

Have you joined our Yahoo group ? Try putting out a message on there and see if anyone can help
http://www.brigademodels.co.uk/Frames/Mailing%20List.html
Brigadier Tony

Return to Starmada Miniatures