Painted Merchant Fleet

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Painted Merchant Fleet

Postby Reaversbane » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:06 am

Took some pics of my merchant vessels for my club website, and thought I would post them here as well for those interested. Im very much sold on these figures, nice work guys. Very simple paint scheme, but I think it shows them off reasonably well.

While the red/green 'dots' for port/starboard do appeal, Im thinking of getting rid of it as it just doesnt really seem to fit (and its quite messily applied :oops: )
Reaversbane (or RB for short...)
Reaversbane

Postby Brigadier Tony » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:07 pm

Nice work, RB.

Pity abour poor Budgie with the broken wing :(

The red / green idea is a good done, stick with it.

BTW, 'Robin' (the medium container ship) appears to be flying in reverse !
Brigadier Tony

Postby Reaversbane » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:16 pm

OK, full marks for observation! :D

'Robin' is indeed the wrong way round, not sure how I managed that one, dont think I was paying enough attention when I painted the name on! I plan on changing that eventually (either that or it has decoy engines at the front :wink: ).

The broken wing on 'Budgie', and the two on the large container ship at the back, are meant to be deliberate, the idea being they are the ships without the containers loaded. I have the container bits, and was going to mount them and use them as pieces in a scenario (ie, go in, get container, get out), seemingly its not quite as effective as I'd hoped! :shock: :)

EDIT: 'Robin' has been corrected :)
Reaversbane (or RB for short...)
Reaversbane

Return to Starmada Miniatures