[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - Anu updates...

Anu updates...

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Anu updates...

Postby Stuuh » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:43 pm

Stuuh

Postby Brigadier Tony » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:30 am

Sorry, missed the post somehow - please don't think we're ignoring you !

I've just come off the most nightmarish work schedule I think I've ever had, which is why there have been very few new releases in any of our ranges over the summer - the 15mm range isn't the only one to have suffered.

I'm now getting back into the swing of normal life (things like going home in the evenings, not working weekends and so on ...) so I'm getting started on a variety of new models. I haven't tackled any 15mm yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll be doing something for the range over the cold (well, wet - this is England) winter months.

One things we're heading towards now that we have our shiny new casting kit is a move back towards 15mm metal models rather than resin - the new moulds are much more robust and can handle bigger castings with considerably better quality output. The very slight downside to this is that the masters have to be made differently to one that's intended for a resin casting and take a bit more planning.
Brigadier Tony

new stuff

Postby GuyT2GP » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:17 pm

Tony, How about a metal Garibaldi turret and a Glorie turret.
You've already got the chassis with the Mont Sabert tank????
I need a french heavy / medium tank in 15mm in time for
May Partizan.
Any possibilities please.

Guy T
GuyT2GP

Postby Brigadier Tony » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:56 pm

Funnily enough, I was discussing with Phil last night about how large we could go in terms of metal models. We decided that it would be possible to make the Garibaldi hull in metal as it's not in fact much larger than the Montsabert (although they look similar the hulls are in fact different - the Garibaldi is slightly longer and quite a bit wider). The Glorie (and of course the AA turret) are obvious add-ons.

As an update, we've decided to move back towards making metal models where possible. This is because our new casting kit copes much better with larger components so it's more feasible than with the old kit. To this end, I've modified the parts of the CDSU tank and SPG so that we can put them in the vulcaniser and I'd hope that we can release those either before or just after Xmas.
Brigadier Tony

Postby Brigadier Tony » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:35 pm

You may want to pop over to the Design Studio and have a gander at the new 15mm stuff in there.

The Zhu De variants have been moulded in metal - hence the long delay as we tried to work out how to modify them from resin-castable models to ones that would survive the vulcaniser. They have been joined by masters of the Li Peng Assault gun (short and long-barrelled) and I've also finished the turret of the Mau Zhedong SPG. We plan to release all of these in February, hopefully at Hammerhead.

There's also the first sighting of the Garibaldi. This master is roughly 75% complete, the hull and turret structures are finished and it just needs detailing. Finally, there's the British Hermes light tank. These last two will be out by Salute if not before.

Next on the list are the AA and Glorie SPG turrets for the Montsabert.
Brigadier Tony

Return to 15mm Miniatures