[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - Morale and crew quality.

Morale and crew quality.

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Morale and crew quality.

Postby Chief » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:39 am

The rule suggest that crew quality should have an effect on the morale rules, but does not give suggestions. We ignored this during my last game, but agreed it made sense.

The first thought was giving green a -1 and Veterans a +1. General debate agreed this might unbalance things since a veteran crew will never strike colors.

The modified idea was to give green a -1, and say that a veteran crew automatically passes the first threshold morale check.

I was curious what other people are doing.
Chief

Postby Chief » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:00 am

A very basic set of crew rules I am putting forward for play testing at the NY games.

Crew:

Crew costs:

All ships are considered to start with a green crew (no additional cost).

Upgrading to a standard crew costs a number of points equal to the ship's crew rating.

Upgrading to a crack crew costs a number of points equal to 2X the crew rating, but only one ship in the fleet is allowed this option.

Crew effects:

Green crew: No bonus to morale and -1 to boarding results.

Standard crew :can re-roll the results of the first failed morale check but must keep the second result, and has no bonus to boarding.

Crack crew: automatically passes the first threshold check, is allowed a re-roll on the first failed morale as mention above, and gains a +1 to boarding results.
Chief

Postby Chief » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:02 pm

You can't surrender to a Jelly Fish!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=127531127941
Chief

Postby DarkTraveler777 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:20 am

I like the crew experience rules that you posted. I will be trying them out in my games here on the west coast. Thanks for taking the time to share these rules.
"'This isn't really death,' Tyler says. 'We'll be legend. We won't grow old.' I tongue the barrel into my cheek and say, Tyler, you're thinking of vampires..." Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club
DarkTraveler777

Postby Chief » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:57 am

Glad to hear it! Please let me know how it goes.

Chief

Postby Tas » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:05 am

I too like your base experience rule, but would have assumed that most crews are standard.

You could use the same systme, but save the same number of points if revrting to Green. Very similar in effect to Napoleonic era French Squadrons then - bigger & more guns (ie more game points to spend on Ships), but green/inexp crew in comparison to their foes.
Tas
Captain 'Nefarious!

My VSF Blog:
My General gaming Blog:
Tas

Postby Chief » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:05 am

Certainly an option. This was just a starting off point, and it was an easy spread to work with.

Chief

Postby Tas » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:05 am

Of course! Just my opinion really, hope it helps 8)
Tas
Captain 'Nefarious!

My VSF Blog:
My General gaming Blog:
Tas

Return to Aeronef Rules