[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - Very good game! The future?

Very good game! The future?

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Very good game! The future?

Postby mostrojoe » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:38 pm

I hope a full set of rules will be soon avalaile! I downloaded the lie vrsion, printed it and really apprecited it!

Even if the Nortern Europe vs. Southern Europe is a litle campy, expecially today, the ruleset is absolutely clear and brings to detailed games. I like theplacement rules too for their originality.

When a campaign game? A seto of ruls to "scale" the game from 1/300 to (say) 1/1200? From fighters to astroships? To use them for a great invasion/raid operation that starts in the space and, deployed troops and tanks on the surface, goes on with Iron Cow rules? I would like to see Iron Cow more similar to this set of rules (no percentiles), and it would be great to merge this ruleset with a future Iron Cow edition so that full aerospace support of ground troops is given.

Great Job!
mostrojoe

Postby Brigadier Tony » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:43 am

Brigadier Tony

Postby mostrojoe » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:09 pm

mostrojoe

Postby Brigadier Tony » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:07 pm

Brigadier Tony

Postby mostrojoe » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:05 pm

mostrojoe

Postby Brigadier Tony » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:30 pm

Brigadier Tony

Postby mostrojoe » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:38 pm

mostrojoe

Postby Brigadier Tony » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:25 am

Brigadier Tony

Postby Stroezie » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:37 am

Are there any plans to continue with this ruleset in the near future?
I read through the free online rules and I like what's there so far.
I'm thinking of combining them with Squadron Foreward from Twofatlardies to play a co-op campaign with a buddy of mine, but I would need ship building rules or else at least some stats for the Kondor strikeboats and the cimexian fighters.
Stroezie

Postby Brigadier Tony » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:55 pm

Unfortunately SC hasn't been quite the commercial success we hoped for so other projects have been put in front of it; we didn't sell as many of the new, large scale models as we would have liked (although we did see a huge upsurge in sales of our fleet scale fighters - so I guess everyone's playing it with the small scale models instead !). However, we haven't dropped support, it's just gone quiet for a bit.

I did get part way through a points system, but never finished it. I do have stats for the Kondor somewhere, I'll have to dig them out.

There are additional models in the works - PacFed, SAC and Indonesians have all been digitally sculpted and will be printed sometime in the next month or three.
Brigadier Tony

Postby Brigadier Tony » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:56 am

Kondor stats (right-click and save the file)

Brigadier Tony

Postby Ruarigh » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:03 am

I'm disappointed to read that it has not been the success it deserves to be. This is a great set of rules and we have enjoyed it a lot.
Ruarigh

Postby Brigadier Tony » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:13 am

A lot of sets of rules have been downloaded, so from that point of view it's done well - but sales of the models haven't been great. But as I said above, we're selling a lot more of our very small scale fighters so guess that's some compensation.
Brigadier Tony

Postby Stroezie » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:05 pm

Thanks for the quick reply and the kondor stats.
I have to admit I guilty of going the fleetscale route myself to.
There were several reasons for this:
1) I wanted to get a feel for the game before spending to much money on it.
2) There were more models available.
3) I'm planning on building a small magnetised travel set and eventually a larger one for my table at home.

I'll probably be buying a few 1/300 models for the 6mm ground portion of our campaign and then once we've been playing for a while I'll slowly expand my collection for the spacebattle side of things.
Stroezie

Postby Ruarigh » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:08 pm

Selling more of the smaller fighters is positive, but the 1:300 ones are not exactly expensive and you don't need many for a game. I like the fact that I can use these fighters as interface fighters in ground war games too, so I would have liked to see more of them available and that means more people buying them, because I can't afford to buy enough to push you into production overdrive! :)
Ruarigh

Next

Return to SC3600 General