[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - The road to the Taupo Hobby Expo (NZ) (Final Update)

The road to the Taupo Hobby Expo (NZ) (Final Update)

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Postby Rusty » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:46 am

Update:

Ok its official I hate the rain :roll: . Its been raining here for about 7 days now. So I will look at taking some indoor photos tonight, they wont be the best lit photos but at least it should give you guys something to drool over :D

So I have a method now for making the houses in my head I just have to put it into action. I will be making up some Forests first.

Thanks to one of the Brigade lads for the idea of using a CD as the base, I will be making up a few in the next couple of days. Then a couple of villages and then some other features.

The list of things still left to do:

- Ship Log Sheets
- Torpedo Markers
- Multiple terrain Items
- Smoke and Fire Markers
- Rules & Quick play cards ect
- Write up the scenario & history
Rusty

Postby Rusty » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:48 am

Hey Guys,

Well I am please to present to you the British Home Fleet - The HMS Iron Duke is the flagship

So first up we have a shot of the HMS Iron Duke, HMS Rawalpindi & HMS Aurora:

by , on Flickr

Followed by Patrol Aeronefs HMS Osprey, HMS Falcon, HMS Gypsy:

by , on Flickr

And Patrol Aeronefs HMS Cossack, HMS Ashanti, HMS Matabele:

by , on Flickr

The Gunboats HMS Abingdon, HMS Albury, HMS Abadere:

by , on Flickr

And finally the fleet assembled for batte:

by , on Flickr

UPDATED IMAGES
Last edited by Rusty on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty

Postby jonboy » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:14 pm

Stunning work Rusty, absolutely fantastic models complimented by superb basing, the title plates really add to the feel of the models.

Will be a brilliant demo :D

Cheers bud for sharing this project

Jon
jonboy

Postby Rusty » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:00 pm

Thanks Jon, I am now onto the terrain at the moment. I managed to make up a portable forest disk. Takes a little time due to drying time.

Using a CD, applied a lot of PVA glue, sand and let dry overnight. Then applied the wash and let dry for the day.

Adding the color, grass and clump foaliage only takes about 15 minutes. I have another 4 with the wash drying so I should have 5 Forest disks ready for Expo.

Then onto the villages.

More photos soon, the sun is out but at work today.
Rusty

Postby Rusty » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:05 pm

Welcome to the final build up to the Expo. I spent today modifying some Excellent Aeronef Ship Logs:

Full credit must go to the author of these:

R.Sartore

Using the latest version of Photoshop, i modified these with my own ship names, slight class modifications, I had to make all of the USA ones from Scratch but based on the Tallahasse template.

The time spent on these are well worth it. I will be popping down to the copy shop to print them off and laminate them, again a big thanks to R Sartore for creating these (I have left the Authors name on the sheets)

I finished one of the forests over the weekend as well. With a little luck I will be taking some more photos in the morning. Will look at the USA, then the French and finally the Turkish ships.

Terrain photos will follow after this.

So now the list of things still left to do:

- Ship Log Sheets (Now Complete)

- Torpedo Markers (Now Complete)

- Multiple terrain Items
* 5 Forest Bases (Now Complete)
* 2-3 Villages
* 2 Hills to complete

- Smoke and Fire Markers
* Will be one of the last things to work on

- Write up the scenario & history
* Will start working on this hopefully in the next couple of days.

And hopefully my Hotz mat shows up this week, I do have a backup plan just incase.

Stay Tuned

Note to self: Clump Foliage+Loctite+Fingers = Not a good mix :lol:
Last edited by Rusty on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
Rusty

Postby Rusty » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:53 am

Well, here is the second lot of photos:

I know Jon is hanging out to see the French finished, so I figured I would post these first:

St Louis & Regnault & Duquesne:

by , on Flickr

Descartes & Catinat & Protet:

by , on Flickr

Vailante & Impatiente & Conquerante:

by , on Flickr

Perigeaux & Basque & Fronduer:

by , on Flickr

And finally the Fleet assembled for Battle:

by , on Flickr

Stay tuned for tomorrow nights update the USA :D
Rusty

Postby Brigadier Tony » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:55 am

Now that Charlemagne looks the business ! Wouldn't want to run into that on a dark night !
Brigadier Tony

Postby Rusty » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:01 am

Neither will the British player, just playtesting it with Torpedo's. Considering the French will be outnumbered got to swing it a little :lol:

I will be using adjusted Torpedo rules, I just feel that they are too powerful. I can just see someone getting upset as there flagship goes up in a ball of fire from one triple salvo

Looking at the same 10 / 20 / 30cm range but 5 dice, with hits on a 4-6 and a re-roll on a 6.

Just for you Tony here are the forests I did up today. Needless to say fingers are a little stiff :lol:

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr
Rusty

Postby Brigadier Tony » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:08 am

Nice stuff - I did something very similar but used irregularly shaped pieces of plastic card instead of CDs. The foam foliage looks very tree-like at this scale.
Brigadier Tony

Postby Rusty » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:18 am

Going to give scratch building villages another shot. Will be popping down to the L.G.S to pick up some DAS putty. As long as I can get a decent looking rectangle in small scale I should be able to get this done.

After all the British and USA are carrying enough ordinance to knock the french villages to ash.

And i need some packing tape for the hills.
Rusty

Postby Rusty » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:27 am

So here as promised are the US Cavalry Fleet

U.S.S Maryland & U.S.S Baton Rouge:

by , on Flickr

U.S.S Phoenix, U.S.S Saginaw, U.S.S Decatur, U.S.S Lawrence, U.S.S Newport

by , on Flickr

U.S.S Tallahasse:

by , on Flickr

U.S.S O'Brian, U.S.S Thornton, U.S.S Wilkes:

by , on Flickr

And the US Cavalry Group ready for a fight:

by , on Flickr

Thanks for looking and stay tuned for the Turkish Ships under French Service.
Rusty

Postby Rusty » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:04 am

And just to save the waiting, here are the completed Turk ships under French service:

Abdul Aziz & 2 Assari Shevket:

by , on Flickr

Front on Shot:

by , on Flickr

A trio of Gemlik Frigates:

by , on Flickr

A trio of Keyk:

by , on Flickr

And of course the fleet setting sail:

by , on Flickr

Will post up some photos of the Torpedo markers tomorrow. Thanks for looking.
Rusty

Postby Rusty » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:35 am

As promised I finished these this morning:

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

As I say, I think that they are simple yet effective for what they will be used for.

Oh and look what Mr Postman dropped off today:

by , on Flickr

And a small village I am working on:

by , on Flickr

Mat has been ironed, and now moving onto setup and playing the rules.

Cheers
Rusty

Postby Rusty » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:11 am

So I had a play through the rules and for 44 nefs for two players its going to be quite slow, so to speed things up here is what I am going to do:

With a lot of help from a forum member I am using most of his rule changes, movement will be my workings.

Hotz Mat is 2" hexes

* Hex movement. I have taken all of the maximum movement speeds (from Brigades charts) of each Aeronef and divided it by 3. This is how many hexes each nef can move at full speed
* Left the turn ability the same - no reduction to movement for turning
* Movement order is by class, so class 1-5 will move in that order (may change this to active player moves all of his stuff first)
or
* When both players have say class two nefs, roll a D10 highest roll moves first.

So looking at a couple of examples, here is what the Charlemagne / Benbow / Osprey would be moving like:

Charlemagne - Max speed is 4 hexes. Can adjust speed up or down +1 / -1 When it is damaged it would be (hexes) 4 / 3 / 2 / 1

So this gives it a CM speed of 20 / 15 / 10 / 5

So yes this is slightly faster than what the printed stats are, but it means that its not crawling across the table either

Benbow - Max speed is 2 hexes, Can adjust speed up or down +1 / -1 Damaged would be 2 / 2 / 1 / 0

So again in CM 10 / 10 / 5 / 0

The reason for the 0 movement represents the large ship is severely crippled. (lets face it 75%+ damaged would be hard to keep it moving)

Osprey - Max speed is 6 Hexes, Can adjust speed +4 / - 4, damaged would be 6 / 5 / 3 / 2

In CM 30 / 25 / 15 / 10

These are just figures I am working on at the moment, will be playtesting properly tonight.

Oh and changing the gun ranges for a bit of fun, so the big ships can play
Rusty

Postby Ssendam » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:13 am

Loving your work Rusty, torpedoes are awesome. I was using Litko torpedo markers that I used for Full Thrust but modelled ones look much cooler.
Ssendam

PreviousNext

Return to Aeronef General