[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - A question of Turnips

A question of Turnips

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

A question of Turnips

Postby Silveroak2 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:41 pm

Anyone have any ideas concerning the new nefs gracing the blog's page? I like the smooth rounded design, but haven't a clue as to the origin. Any guesses?
Silveroak2

Turnips....

Postby jonboy » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:23 pm

Got to admit to being stumped too on this one....... :(
jonboy

Postby Bad Wolf » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:59 am

Hi Guy's, I love the look of those new nef's too. I was thinking maybe Sweeden.........

Battles off the island of Gotland do sound good :D
Bad Wolf

Postby Brigadier Tony » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:31 pm

Turnips - Swedes - Bad Wolf has it.

Bit of a groan-inducing pun, I will admit.

Anyway, I have done quite a bit more work on them over the weekend - seven of the ten models are now finished. I'll take some more photos and do a bit of a write-up on the blog later in the week.
Brigadier Tony

Postby Silveroak2 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:20 am

Aw, Sweden sounds great, they'll make a good enemy for the Russians, old habits die hard and all.
Silveroak2

Postby MichiK » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:01 am

I see also the oportunity for a nice tripartite battle:
Any two fractions from Great Britain to Russia battling over the Baltic and Sweden avenging any breach of her neutrality.

Michi
MichiK

Postby Brigadier Tony » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:37 am

First draft of some background to the Scandinavian Confederation ... comments invited :)

http://www.brigademodels.co.uk/Blog/201 ... ederation/
Brigadier Tony

Postby Hawkeye » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:17 am

I will keep an eye out for them at SELWG. I think these will do nicely for my 4th fleet, a little something to put against my Russians as a change from Austrians and Turks, :D
At any time, at any place, our snipers can drop you. Have a nice day.
Hawkeye

Postby Hawkeye » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:44 pm

Well, I bought the fleet box at SELWG. I still have to decide on a colour scheme, but I am well pleased with these models. I may have to buy a few more in the future :D
Hawkeye

Postby Brigadier Tony » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:03 pm

I'm stuck on a colour scheme too - I don't really want just another grey-superstructure-with-black-hulls fleet, but I'm stuck on something better that doesn't look too garish. I might go for a very pale grey upperworks (something like a ghost grey or sky grey), a mid-grey for the hulls and satisfy myself with putting national flags on the tops of the main turrets for a splash of colour. Being neutral, I guess the Scandinavians would want to make sure that their vessels are clearly identifiable.
Brigadier Tony

Postby jonboy » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:24 pm

Found this on the web, it's not colours I would automatically associate with nef but it's distinctive and I like it, may even use it as a basis for my russian fleet (Pacific Squadron).

Its Swedish from 1900

Really like the Scandinavian models and thinking of using them as the basis for an expanded Imperial Russian fleet.
jonboy

Postby Hawkeye » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:50 am

That looks nice. I'll have to have a good look at my models and see how they would look.

Chris.
Hawkeye

Postby david frampton » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:59 pm

An Order of Battle will be released shortly on the three major fleets with their sub divisions of home defence and pursuit vessels operated by the Scandinavian Union - just finalising the dirigible list and then will be published on forum.
david frampton

Return to Aeronef General