[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - Carriers

Carriers

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Carriers

Postby Milkcow » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:39 pm

Milkcow

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:00 pm

Postby Brigadier Tony » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:53 pm

Brigadier Tony

Postby Milkcow » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:06 pm

Milkcow

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:18 pm

Postby Ssendam » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:43 pm

Ssendam

Rules for aircraft

Postby david frampton » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:34 pm

There is a set of rules somewhere for use of fighters - I think if my memory serves right, that the Club who wrote them was in Waco. I dont have that reference handy, but I know that I found them on internet. They included a refuelling/rearming element and also a fairly serious risk of crack up on landing on the carrier (score of 1 on a D6), I think it went 6 = perfect landing, 5/4/3/2 waved off and go round again and 1 crashes on the deck. As I said, this is from memory, so actual written word may be a bit more benevolent to the poor aircrew, as I think this is a bit harsh giving them only a one in six chance of survival. Sortie length was also given. Try also Lone Star Historical Miniatures, go to "categories", and under house rules "When Dreadnaughts Ruled the Skies" - Their spelling not mine. (Its DreadnOught chaps)! This is a very nice piece of work by Dave Bennett, who has developed some excellent additional rules and this may be the final, polished version of the air rules referred to above.

IMHO, Carriers should be limited to one or two per major nation unless historically (e.g. japanese) a good case for more can be given. I have converted both nefs and digs to be "aeroplane tenders" (in keeping with WW1 philosophy), which only carry one aircraft. The "pure" (and rather large) carriers have a maximum of six flights - the split being 1 x heavy bomber, 2 x light bombers & 3 x fighters. Each flight takes one box of construction (from any source). If the ship is constructed in this way, it gives a finite construction cost and the maximum number of aircraft permitted. Its just nice to have the models and do some imaginative conversions. David
david frampton

Aircraft continued

Postby david frampton » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:36 pm

david frampton

Re: Aircraft continued

Postby Lupus » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:51 pm

Lupus

Postby Parky » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:49 pm

Parky

Postby david frampton » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:58 pm

david frampton

Postby Parky » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Parky

Postby Ssendam » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:15 am

I've been toying with a few rules tweaks for a wounded battleship v's carrier type scenario. They do introduce a level of complexity (as all additional rules will) AND I haven't used them yet, but see what you think.

The rules probably need a little editing and I have tried to cater for large actions but the likelihood is that you will only see a small number of aeroplane stands in any one game.

I'll have my Great Britain carrier force painted up tonight so I'll try and get a few pictures on.
Ssendam

Postby Stoneworks » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:06 pm

Tattooed for Life!
Stoneworks

Re: Carriers

Postby david frampton » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:01 pm

Jolly Good show old chap
david frampton

Return to Aeronef Rules