[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Brigade Models • View topic - Erik's WIP

Erik's WIP

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Erik's WIP

Postby Erik M » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:39 pm

A smallish start of the SAC force:

Next up is, I am sure, a CDSU; and a serious talk with Steve B about this use of R10's that seem to abund.
Erik M

Postby Failure16 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:07 pm

Looking good so far.

How do you plan to mount the infantry? And are the AFVs going to remain based?
Failure16

Postby Erik M » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:04 pm

Thanks. And this ought to answer both questions:
And as can be seen, I'm moving towards squads in 6mm. Ie half-squads in 15mm, individual in 28F and perhaps platoon in 2mm.
Erik M

Postby Failure16 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:57 pm

Good idea. I tend to go after fireteams myself.

Are you planning on using IC2103, or another ruleset?
Failure16

Postby Erik M » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:03 pm

Fire teams in 15mm works fine, but I want to make each scale different in it's approach to tactical level.

As for rules... No idea!
Right now we got like two Epic, SoW, FWC, IC, ASQL, HotF, DS2 etc etc. All are plausible. Some are better. I just don't know. I'll probably end up with Fryntal. :o
Erik M

Postby Failure16 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:12 am

Fire teams work in microarmor, too. I personally make use of my own ruleset, but DSII would be a close favorite. I've found that IC2103 works nicely for quick games as it lacks granularity.

How are CWC/FWC working out for you? I've wanted to try both, but the cost is prohibitive.
Failure16

Postby Erik M » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:23 am

FWC is very well written and a worth it for the pictures alone! :wink:

It's good rules, I guess. I don't like the "floating" timeline thou.

Yeah sure, some units should be forced to wait around to act (the easiest way to simulate Fog o'War) but that should be my missed roll for command, not your succeeded.

I also feel a need to actually roll for my units as individuals. Not add up fire power and see how it goes.

The bright side is that he (Pete and co) made army lists for just about everything.

But this is my opinion. Apart from that I really believe it's a really worthwhile game.
Erik M

Postby Erik M » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:51 pm

First part of my SAC finished:

But I am NOT ok with these small half squads called squads.
But cutting of one "hole" from the new Epic long bases, and thus use four, worked surprisingly well.
Erik M

Postby Failure16 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:36 pm

Looking good so far.

Are you planning on flocking the bases?

Interestingly enough, I also have one Rhino with "painted hubcaps", and the rest with solid wheel-color (Testors Rubber in my case), just as you do in the picture. I like that you went with thinner green stripes; my own are wide swathes, and probably not to-scale.
Failure16

Postby Erik M » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:19 pm

Thanks. Yeah I like that "acacia tree pattern". :)

I'm in many minds regarding flocking the bases. It'll probably be done thou.
Erik M

Postby thedespot29 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:06 am

Are those bridge sections from the old Mega Force line? Thats a great use for them.
thedespot29

Postby Failure16 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:41 am

Erik, I'm a big fan of flocking bases, but that's just me. I usually go with something standard so as to not detract from my normal playing areas, and able to go onto others. You'll make the right choice; I just think they'll finish off some nice looking models is all.

Despot, yeah, that's exactly where those bridges come from. For more pictures and an AAR of the battle, go here (Post #3); the scenario itself appears in Post #6. If you like what you see/read, stick around and join in on the fun.

Oops, the link:

Failure16

Postby Erik M » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:08 pm

I've been looking quite some on what kind of bases I want.
(Light) Epic plastic grunts are ok on their new long bases (40x12).
Moving over to (primarily) DRM and thus (heavy) pewter I want a more squarish base, but not the old one for sure. And I finally settled for the 30x20 ones Renedra does.

For my Brigade (and Iron Cow or possibly FWC) they are to big. But there's either cut of GW ones, or perhaps 20x15?

What say you folks?

SAC four-man squads to the left and Chinese three-man squads on the right and middle.
Erik M

Postby javelin98 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:43 pm

Have you thought about bases from Litko Aero? I've used them for my Epic IG and I also have a lot of their acrylic tokens; their products are very nice.

And your infantry look great, by the way!
Leo: (July 23—Aug. 22): The wheelchair and the indignity will be bad enough, but the worst part is going to be explaining to your wife exactly what you said to the genie to make him take off your legs like that.
javelin98

Postby Erik M » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:27 am

I've looked at them, yes. But I prefer plastic for bases. And these from Renedra are perfect! :D
And I don't get their pricing. $3.99 for one Ø25mm 5-model skirmish tray?
But their markers seem mighty fine!

Thanks. 8) I'm beginning to get a handle on painting.
Erik M

Next

Return to Iron Cow Miniatures