General discussion about ... well, anything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums !

Postby NickH » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:09 pm

Hi Admin!

I'm tried to upload an avatar to the forum but it is impossible.
The forum sets a hard limit of 80x80 pixels and 6kb for the file size.
Due to the increase in hard disc sizes the smallest possible file on my Mac (several years old) is 20kb, it is therefore impossible for me to upload an avatar.

Can someone offer a solution please?

Nick H.
NickH

Re: Avatar problems

Postby javelin98 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:24 pm

If you email it to me, I'll see if I can reduce the file size for you. I have a couple different graphics programs available.

javelin98@lycos.com
Leo: (July 23—Aug. 22): The wheelchair and the indignity will be bad enough, but the worst part is going to be explaining to your wife exactly what you said to the genie to make him take off your legs like that.
javelin98

Postby NickH » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:49 pm

Thanks for the offer javelin98 but I'm afraid it won't help.

I've tried reducing the size of the file contents but as soon as I save it to my hard drive it reverts to 20kb :(

Update: I wondered if the minimum file size might be related to the disk size (minimum segment or whatnot) so I dug out an old 64MB memory stick.
Turns out the minimum file size was still 10kb :x
NickH

Postby PFox » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:26 am

You could get a decent computer, something like Windows :wink: Tried your Windows VM or iPad? Then upload from there.
PFox

Postby javelin98 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:22 pm

Huh... not sure what to tell you, then. Maybe one of the mods can chime in on that. Sorry!
Leo: (July 23—Aug. 22): The wheelchair and the indignity will be bad enough, but the worst part is going to be explaining to your wife exactly what you said to the genie to make him take off your legs like that.
javelin98

Return to General