Ship Profiles

Moderator: Brigadier Tony

Ship Profiles

Postby fast.git » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:58 pm

I have a few questions...

How "official" are the ship profiles on the Gaming (Aeronef) page of the Brigade website?

The French Descartes class Torpedo Destroyer. Am I correct in assuming that this vessel is designed to kill torpedo nefs and/or torpedoes and not launch them (torpedoes)? This would explain the lack of torpedo salvoes on that profile...

The French Suffren class Monitor. Are there any "official" stats as of this time?

Fixed-wing aircraft. Were the rules for these units (as explained in the Aeronef main rules) created before the introduction of units like the Albion, Ryujo, and Les Arcs? I am wondering about the need for a large, flat deck if the fixed-wing craft can't return (safely) to base (to prepare for another sortie). Is there a plan to alter this rule in Aeronef 2?
fast.git

Postby Brigadier Tony » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:56 pm

The profiles are 'semi-official' in that they aren't by Wessex Games (although in fact some were done by Matthew Hartley who co-wrote the rules). Feel free to change them if they don't work for you.

The Descartes conforms to the type 'Torpedo Boat Destroyer', which as you surmise were intended to kill torpedo boats.

There are no official stats for the Suffren (in fact I have been getting a bit behind with the stats for newer releases, which I will attempt to correct soon). Hopefully with the advent of Land Ironclads we should soon have official rules for monitors and bombardment vessels.

The flat-top carriers were something that Steve Blease didn't envisage when the rules were written. He was thing more of parasite fighters like the ones carried by theUS inter-war blimps like the Macon. We made them 'cos they look cool, and worried about the rules later ...
Brigadier Tony

Postby fast.git » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:39 pm

I see...

So, it's possible that -- with technological improvements -- fixed-wing aircraft may, in fact, achieve a measure of recoverability.

Outstanding!

:D

And I look forward to the forthcoming stats for the Suffren class. Fantastic model.
fast.git

Return to Aeronef Rules